Texas Hunting Forum

Jambalaya

Posted By: TLoving

Jambalaya - 02/28/20 03:25 AM

Tonight was my first attempt at jambalaya. I used chicken thighs, smoked sausage and shrimp for my protein.

I read several recipes and made a hybrid version containing parts out of 3-4 recipes.

I found recipes using tomato products and others not using tomatoes. So I kinda hedged my bet and used about 2 Tablespoons of tomato paste.

I wasn't sure how much to caramelized my onion, bell pepper, and celery mixture. I decided to saute the trinity pretty dark.

Now to figure out how to reduce my recipe. The wife and I ate all we wanted and I have enough leftovers for another meal.

Overall it tasted pretty good.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: mbavo

Re: Jambalaya - 02/28/20 03:44 AM

Looks great!
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Jambalaya - 02/28/20 03:58 AM

Absolutely would food
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Jambalaya - 02/28/20 10:20 AM

I could hurt myself on that stuff?
Posted By: Stub

Re: Jambalaya - 02/28/20 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by mbavo
Looks great!
food

What would you different next time?
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Jambalaya - 02/28/20 01:46 PM

food
Posted By: TLoving

Re: Jambalaya - 02/29/20 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by Stub
Looks great!
food

Next time I will reduce the amount of rice and proteins by 1/3 to 1/2. That will require a reduction in the amount of seasoning as well.

As far as the cooking process I will cook my vegetables more carmelizing the natural sugars more.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Jambalaya - 02/29/20 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by TLoving
Looks great!
food

Next time I will reduce the amount of rice and proteins by 1/3 to 1/2. That will require a reduction in the amount of seasoning as well.

As far as the cooking process I will cook my vegetables more carmelizing the natural sugars more.

You do realize you can vacuum seal and freeze that stuff.....easy heat and eat meals for later... 2cents
Posted By: PMK

Re: Jambalaya - 03/02/20 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler
Originally Posted by TLoving
Looks great!
food

You do realize you can vacuum seal and freeze that stuff.....easy heat and eat meals for later... 2cents

x2 ... .looks great! up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum