Texas Hunting Forum

Fruit pies

Posted By: bill oxner

Fruit pies - 02/27/20 02:11 PM

Found these at Walmart. Great for my only snack each day. What's your favorite?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Fruit pies - 02/27/20 03:04 PM

Pass
Posted By: jakebunch

Re: Fruit pies - 02/27/20 03:11 PM

My favorite was the fried apple pies that my mother would make. Sure would like to have some now.
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Fruit pies - 02/27/20 03:30 PM

https://www.arbucklemountainfriedpies.com/
Posted By: RPG1997

Re: Fruit pies - 02/27/20 03:33 PM

The Hostess fruit pies like these.

[Linked Image]

Re: Fruit pies - 02/27/20 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by jakebunch
My favorite was the fried apple pies that my mother would make. Sure would like to have some now.

We put up applesauce in the summer. My momma made fried pies with it and put them in our lunch sack. Left a little grease spot on the sack.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Fruit pies - 02/27/20 04:01 PM

The Down Unda Outpost on Hwy 281 Between Evant and Lampassas has some very good Meat Pies, cool Yard Art and stuff up

[Linked Image]

Re: Fruit pies - 02/27/20 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by RPG1997

[Linked Image]

These look great. Where do I find them?

Re: Fruit pies - 02/27/20 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Stub
The Down Unda Outpost on Hwy 281 Between Evant and Lampassas has some very good Meat Pies, cool Yard Art and stuff up

[Linked Image]

When we were down in Cayman they had what they called empanadas. What's the difference in an empanada and a meat pie?
Posted By: RPG1997

Re: Fruit pies - 02/27/20 04:22 PM

I used to get them from Walmart. This picture is from the early 2000's. They looked like this when I was a kid and I have fond memories of them. I usually managed to get them from Walmart or sometimes a gas station. I'd try Walmart.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Fruit pies - 02/27/20 04:33 PM

Mindy Lu’s for the win.
Posted By: fmrmbmlm

Re: Fruit pies - 02/27/20 08:33 PM

Bruce's Fried Pies were the best no icing on the fruit ones, had the best crust, liked the coconut ones the best. They were made in Austin, went out of business years ago.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Fruit pies - 02/27/20 11:07 PM

MRS Baird's fried pies. Our uncle used to get them for us when we were going fishing, they were breakfast, lunch and if the fishing sucked, dinner.
Posted By: Okiedog

Re: Fruit pies - 02/27/20 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by bill oxner

[Linked Image]

Don't know where to find them, but am old enough to remember paying .10 for them. Also Hostess Snow Balls and cupcakes.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Fruit pies - 02/28/20 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by Okiedog
Originally Posted by bill oxner

[Linked Image]

Don't know where to find them, but am old enough to remember paying .10 for them. Also Hostess Snow Balls and cupcakes.

We get them here at HEB.
Posted By: Slow Drifter

Re: Fruit pies - 02/28/20 12:58 AM

I like nuking the cherry pies just until warm and having them with a scoop or two of Homemade Vanilla Blue Bell.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Fruit pies - 02/28/20 02:47 AM

[Linked Image]

My uncles ranch is about 15 minutes west from there...The store is in Adamsville....neat folks ...
Posted By: Stub

Re: Fruit pies - 02/28/20 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler

[Linked Image]

My uncles ranch is about 15 minutes west from there...The store is in Adamsville....neat folks ...

Yep they are pretty cool folks cheers When I go to Austin I take Hwy 281 a lot instead of I35 and sometimes stop in there just because.

Re: Fruit pies - 02/28/20 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Slow Drifter
I like nuking the cherry pies just until warm and having them with a scoop or two of Homemade Vanilla Blue Bell.

I use my 30 second button on my microwave.
Posted By: decook

Re: Fruit pies - 02/29/20 12:16 PM

Apple. That used to be my reward for a successful hunt. An Apple pie and a chocolate milk. Ha, I have had that combo in a long time
Posted By: TPACK

Re: Fruit pies - 02/29/20 02:44 PM

Mrs. Baird`s used to run them on sale for 3/$1.00. back in the 80`s and 90`s. My wife would buy 3 on Sunday morning and I could eat all of them before going to bed. Cherry was by far my favorite flavor. I have not eaten one in years though. They do not taste the same since Bimbo bakery bought Baird`s out either. If I had to choose a Hostess flavor I would go with the lemon flavor for the win. I have eaten one of them in the past(long ago past) and it was really good if you like lemon pies.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Fruit pies - 02/29/20 03:22 PM

Mindy Lu’s apricot is the best seller. They’re good.
Posted By: Okiedog

Re: Fruit pies - 03/01/20 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by TPACK
Mrs. Baird`s used to run them on sale for 3/$1.00. back in the 80`s and 90`s. My wife would buy 3 on Sunday morning and I could eat all of them before going to bed. Cherry was by far my favorite flavor. I have not eaten one in years though. They do not taste the same since Bimbo bakery bought Baird`s out either. If I had to choose a Hostess flavor I would go with the lemon flavor for the win. I have eaten one of them in the past(long ago past) and it was really good if you like lemon pies.

I do like lemon, but pineapple was my favorite.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Fruit pies - 03/02/20 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler

[Linked Image]

I've stopped in there several times and love their meat pies ... I heard they closed though???
Posted By: PMK

Re: Fruit pies - 03/02/20 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw

definitely worthy of stopping any time I am passing that way.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum