Texas Hunting Forum

Need recipe ideas

Posted By: unclebubba

Need recipe ideas - 02/18/20 10:50 PM

I have a bunch of cubed steak, and, believe it or not, I am getting tired of Chicken Fried Steak. hammer I know, sounds crazy! I am not looking to take Chicken Fried out of the rotation, but I am looking for a new recipe to add to the rotation. I have done Philly deer cheesesteak sammies, and they turned out good, but the wife does not like cheesesteak. Besides Chicken fried, what do y'all do with your venison cubed steak?
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Need recipe ideas - 02/18/20 10:55 PM

Could cut it to cubes and make chili or carne guisada.

May try steak fajitas.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Need recipe ideas - 02/18/20 11:10 PM

Fajitas
Posted By: easton1025

Re: Need recipe ideas - 02/18/20 11:14 PM

cast irion or "griddle"fry using panko crumbs...kinda like schnitzel..
Posted By: PMK

Re: Need recipe ideas - 02/18/20 11:30 PM

most of ours used to go to chicken fried ... lately my wife has really grown fond of me cooking on the grill like fajitas. I take tenderized steaks like I would chicken fry, sprinkle Fiesta Fajita seasoning and put in a zip-lock bag, then pour in HEB Garlic Italian salad dressing. Marinate a couple hours then put them in my smoker ~160-180° for about 30 minutes for a little smoke, then put over the coals for a couple minutes per side, where they are still wet and almost perfectly medium rare. Could do similar directly over the fire for a quicker meal without as much smoke. Much healthier and tastes great.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Need recipe ideas - 02/18/20 11:44 PM

I always did Chinese pepper steak. Thirty minutes.
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Need recipe ideas - 02/18/20 11:55 PM

I had forgotten about Fajitas. I have done that before too. maybe I'll have to add that to the rotation again.
Posted By: Slow Drifter

Re: Need recipe ideas - 02/18/20 11:57 PM

I like the Chinese pepper steak as well as Swiss Steak. I just use the McCormick's seasoning and bag kit, whatever it's called. Bag and season? for the Swiss steak. I add a sliced bell pepper to the bag on top of the meat and serve with Spanish rice.
Posted By: BayouGuy

Re: Need recipe ideas - 02/19/20 01:40 AM

Season them well then give them a quick browning in a very hot frying pan. Do not fully cook - just a brown crust Remove from pan. Lower heat on pan. Add a half stick of butter and two or three chopped yellow onions. Slow cook the onions until very brown. Add a tablespoon of flower and cook for a minute or two. Return browned meat to pan along with any juices they lost. Cover with chicken or beef stock and simmer for an hour or so. Check for seasoning after the first ten minutes or so and adjust salt/pepper/other seasonings to your liking. Serve over rice or with mashed potatoes.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Need recipe ideas - 02/19/20 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by BayouGuy
Season them well then give them a quick browning in a very hot frying pan. Do not fully cook - just a brown crust Remove from pan. Lower heat on pan. Add a half stick of butter and two or three chopped yellow onions. Slow cook the onions until very brown. Add a tablespoon of flower and cook for a minute or two. Return browned meat to pan along with any juices they lost. Cover with chicken or beef stock and simmer for an hour or so. Check for seasoning after the first ten minutes or so and adjust salt/pepper/other seasonings to your liking. Serve over rice or with mashed potatoes.

^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^ rice & gravy baby...
Posted By: Tony_EndeavorKennels

Re: Need recipe ideas - 02/19/20 01:50 PM

cool
Posted By: Cast

Re: Need recipe ideas - 02/19/20 02:18 PM

Steak burgers.
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Need recipe ideas - 02/19/20 02:27 PM

Stroganoff

Re: Need recipe ideas - 02/19/20 03:30 PM

Any number of Chinese dishes. Beef Moo Goo Gai Pan is a very healthy choice. Beef Tomato Won Ton is another. Cut it in thin strips and stir fry it for Beef Fried Rice.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Need recipe ideas - 02/19/20 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I always did Chinese pepper steak. Thirty minutes.

Here you go.

Re: Need recipe ideas - 02/19/20 04:36 PM

I like Mongolian beef a lot. You can goodle a recipe or Mcormicks has a seasoning/sauce packet for it.

I use bell pepper onion carrots squash as my veggies, ginger some brown sugar and soy sauce to make the sauce. Would love a little more heat but the family wont have it. I serve over steamed rice or some kind of noodles. Drained ramen noodles minus the seasoning pack work good.
Posted By: papa45

Re: Need recipe ideas - 02/19/20 04:45 PM

Pound them down a bit so they are very thin. Season to taste and quick fry in a skillet, no more than 2-3 minutes. Great with eggs for breakfast.

Swiss steak.

Cut in chunks for a stew, using either beef or chicken broth / cream of...soup, add mixed veggies and potatoes. Biscuits on the top or on the side.

Re: Need recipe ideas - 02/19/20 04:48 PM

Beef pot pie!
Posted By: PMK

Re: Need recipe ideas - 02/19/20 05:25 PM

my mom used to German fry similar to chicken fried ... but you merely dredge the meat thru flour (no milk or eggs), shake off excess, place in skillet with enough grease to cover the bottom, over low-medium heat and cover. Let simmer until the bottom side browns, then flip and cover again. Not the heavy crust like chicken fried ... goes great with German fried potatoes done in similar fashion (no flour) cooking.
Posted By: bear64

Re: Need recipe ideas - 02/19/20 09:44 PM

cubed steak parmesan. just substitute cubed steak for eggplant in the recipe

Re: Need recipe ideas - 02/19/20 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by bear64
cubed steak parmesan. just substitute cubed steak for eggplant in the recipe

Dang good reminder made this a while back and it was amazing! But ive always had a soft spot for Italian food.
Posted By: Sniper.270

Re: Need recipe ideas - 02/20/20 01:23 AM

I would go with Swiss Steak.
Posted By: Walkabout

Re: Need recipe ideas - 02/23/20 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Cast
Any number of Chinese dishes. Beef Moo Goo Gai Pan is a very healthy choice. Beef Tomato Won Ton is another. Cut it in thin strips and stir fry it for Beef Fried Rice.

It’ WONTON ...DescriptionA wonton is a type of Chinese dumpling commonly found across regional styles of Chinese cuisine.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum