Texas Hunting Forum

Cast Iron Recipes Book

Posted By: Stub

Cast Iron Recipes Book - 02/16/20 05:42 PM

The wife bought it for me and I have never used it, she does all of the time though and makes some serious kick azz meals up Anybody here use it or similar?

Last night it was Chicken and Cornbread Pancakes with spicy syrup, three nights ago it was Chicken Fajitas Chipotle Peppers and Adobo sauce, a week ago Pork Chops with Rosemary-Truffle Sauce with spring veggie and goat cheeses spaghetti. Man I have been trying to work it off.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Cast Iron Recipes Book - 02/16/20 06:24 PM

We called cornbread pancakes hoecakes when I was growing up.

https://www.mountvernon.org/inn/rec...OkdjW5wIVD_DACh3BKAksEAAYASAAEgJE3fD_BwE
Posted By: Cast

Re: Cast Iron Recipes Book - 02/16/20 06:57 PM

Make some potato cakes from leftover mashed taters. Add chopped onion and egg, salt and pepper. Yum!

Re: Cast Iron Recipes Book - 02/16/20 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Cast
Make some potato cakes from leftover mashed taters. Add chopped onion and egg, salt and pepper. Yum!

My momma made those.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: PMK

Re: Cast Iron Recipes Book - 02/17/20 04:23 PM

love those ... had potatoes for every meal at home until I left for college. potato cakes (potato pancakes) were good at breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Cast Iron Recipes Book - 02/17/20 06:36 PM

Our potato pancakes were made with potatoes through a food processor not mashed potatoes.

Re: Cast Iron Recipes Book - 02/17/20 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by PMK

love those ... had potatoes for every meal at home until I left for college. potato cakes (potato pancakes) were good at breakfast, lunch or dinner.

I concur.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Cast Iron Recipes Book - 02/17/20 10:28 PM

Stub, back on to topic ... are those seasoning packets that you coat the meat in before going to the cast iron skillet? similar to the old shake-n-bake ... and you add in the other ingredients?
Posted By: Tony_EndeavorKennels

Re: Cast Iron Recipes Book - 02/19/20 01:49 PM

cool
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum