Texas Hunting Forum

Buffalo Chicken Taquitos

Posted By: KRoyal

Buffalo Chicken Taquitos - 01/18/20 07:27 PM

Made the tortillas in the oven out of shredded cheddar cheese seasoned with cumin. Shredded up the chicken and tossed with buffalo sauce. Drizzled with ranch and topped with fresh cut cilantro. I could eat a million of these and there pretty much 0 carbs.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Buffalo Chicken Taquitos - 01/18/20 07:46 PM

Ok what time is supper. food
Posted By: Stub

Re: Buffalo Chicken Taquitos - 01/18/20 07:47 PM

Oh man I could keep eating those all of the way into a coma food
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Buffalo Chicken Taquitos - 01/18/20 09:53 PM

Looks like a painting. food
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Buffalo Chicken Taquitos - 01/18/20 10:24 PM

Would!
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Buffalo Chicken Taquitos - 01/19/20 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw
Would!

Absolutely food
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Buffalo Chicken Taquitos - 01/19/20 12:56 AM

food
Posted By: PMK

Re: Buffalo Chicken Taquitos - 01/20/20 03:51 PM

sounds great!

how do you do the cheese tortillas?
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Buffalo Chicken Taquitos - 01/20/20 04:03 PM

Did you make the tortillas out of the cheddar by melting it and then wrapping it around the chicken? That sounds a little tricky. I "fry" cheese sometimes and I know I could probably form it, but don't know that I could get it to roll like that before it crisped up too much and then cracked.
Posted By: Judd

Re: Buffalo Chicken Taquitos - 01/20/20 07:22 PM

Looks really good...even with the weird wrappings...don't think you can call those tortillas...but I'd try them grin

Re: Buffalo Chicken Taquitos - 01/20/20 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by jetdad
Did you make the tortillas out of the cheddar by melting it and then wrapping it around the chicken? That sounds a little tricky. I "fry" cheese sometimes and I know I could probably form it, but don't know that I could get it to roll like that before it crisped up too much and then cracked.

Yea you cook it in the oven at 400 until the edges start to brown about 8 minutes. Take them out and flip them over, put your filling in and roll them. I had plenty of time to work with them. They didn’t crisp up very fast, but once you ate them they were good and crisp.

Originally Posted by Judd
Looks really good...even with the weird wrappings...don't think you can call those tortillas...but I'd try them grin

It’s made of cheese lol how bad could it be?

Re: Buffalo Chicken Taquitos - 01/20/20 10:28 PM

To shape them just make round mounds on parchment paper or silicone mat as they cook they’ll form themselves. Don’t use tin foil they’ll crisp up too much while cooking.
Posted By: LG

Re: Buffalo Chicken Taquitos - 01/21/20 08:33 PM

food
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Buffalo Chicken Taquitos - 01/22/20 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by 2Beez
Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw
Would!

Absolutely food
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum