Texas Hunting Forum

Tuna salad

Posted By: bill oxner

Tuna salad - 01/04/20 04:45 PM

Got burned out on turkey sandwiches. Found this in the pantry. Added pepper, chopped onion, sweet relish, and mayo. Eggs or no eggs? confused2

[Linked Image]
Posted By: TPACK

Re: Tuna salad - 01/04/20 05:00 PM

No eggs for me. I do not like chopped egg whites in anything. I do like the egg yolks though. I love the deviled jalapeno peppers.
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Tuna salad - 01/04/20 05:09 PM

Tuna salad is usually a quick meal for me so it doesn't have boiled in it most of the time. If I have a boiled egg already done then I will put one in it. I like celery in mine as well. Sometimes I'll add a little ranch dressing as a mayo substitute. The rest is like yours bill. I do use green onion.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Tuna salad - 01/04/20 05:42 PM

Can of tuna, relish, mayo, mustard and a large spoon of chopped Hatch green chilis.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Tuna salad - 01/04/20 07:27 PM

Cat food or coon bait.... 2cents
Posted By: rolyat.nosaj

Re: Tuna salad - 01/04/20 08:17 PM

You can't put the Mayo on the mustard! Madness

Re: Tuna salad - 01/05/20 12:15 AM

I use solid white albacore. My wife used tuna packets and minced onions.

This is not really tuna salad season for me. Home grown tomatoes make the sandwiches.

Re: Tuna salad - 01/05/20 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler

So if someone served you a tuna sandwich on Texas toast with a big slice of home grown tomato,would you choke it down or throw it in the trash? confused2
Posted By: mbavo

Re: Tuna salad - 01/05/20 01:02 AM

Yes
Lots of eggs.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Tuna salad - 01/05/20 01:23 AM

Yes on the eggs. And lots of black pepper.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Tuna salad - 01/05/20 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by bill oxner

So if someone served you a tuna sandwich on Texas toast with a big slice of home grown tomato,would you choke it down or throw it in the trash? confused2

That not Dan, But I'll take one..
Posted By: Stub

Re: Tuna salad - 01/05/20 12:55 PM

Enjoy a good Tuna salad sammich with Celery, Egg Whites, light amount of Pickle Relish and Onions, Mayonnaise on toasted bread up
Posted By: retfuz

Re: Tuna salad - 01/14/20 02:04 PM

Boiled eggs, celery, sweet pickle, onion, Hellmanns, and good tuna.
Iceberg lettuce, thin sliced tomato , and good wheat bread, make a great sammy.
Posted By: HoldPoint

Re: Tuna salad - 01/14/20 02:09 PM

gotta have eggs and mustard in mine; a fresh tomato slice makes everything better
Posted By: Cast

Re: Tuna salad - 01/14/20 03:16 PM

I made tuna salad last week and it was my best ever. Used two cans of water packed tuna, drained. I chopped up a stalk of celery, half a sweet yellow onion, two radishes, half a jar of pimento, a quarter of a red and yellow bell pepper, and several sweet pickles. It went in a bowl with salt and pepper, then tossed and marinated in sweet pickle juice and miracle whip. After about an hour, I folded in the tuna and chopped up two hard boiled eggs and folded them in. I covered that and let it sit until the women found it. They loved it, and I’ll admit that it was very good.

I just used everything I had in the fridge except for the cukes. Next time, I’ll add some cukes.
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: Tuna salad - 01/14/20 03:22 PM

I like boiled eggs in mine. up
Posted By: pop r

Re: Tuna salad - 01/14/20 09:34 PM

My tuna salad is quite different.
5 packs of tuna.
2-3 whole jalapeno pepper diced up.
1/2 bar of cheddar cheese diced up.
1/2 white onion diced up.
1 whole red apple diced up.
3 hard boiled eggs diced.
Sometimes I add pecans or walnuts to mixture.
Mayo with olive oil add to taste and texture is achieved.
black pepper to taste.
garlic power to taste.
Can be eaten on chips, crackers, bread, or with a spoon.
Enjoy! Bon Appetit
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Tuna salad - 01/15/20 08:15 PM

Mine is 3 cans tuna, 1/2 onion chopped, dill pickle relish or chopped pickles, 3 boiled eggs, salt & pepper. Dukes mayo or Miracle whip and about a tablespoon of spicy mustard. Served on whatever kind of bread with a slice of pepper jack cheese and if fresh out of garden, a slice of mater.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Tuna salad - 01/15/20 10:06 PM

all these sound similar to what my wife makes ... tuna, sweet relish, mayo, boiled egg, onion, mustard ... but she chops up apple to add to hers wtf ... gives it a bit of a crunch.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Tuna salad - 01/15/20 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by PMK
all these sound similar to what my wife makes ... tuna, sweet relish, mayo, boiled egg, onion, mustard ... but she chops up apple to add to hers wtf ... gives it a bit of a crunch.

Pretty much how my wife makes chicken salad...I like the apple in it...
Posted By: Cool Mo D

Re: Tuna salad - 01/15/20 10:23 PM

This^^^
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Tuna salad - 01/15/20 10:43 PM

Ive always liked tuna salad.

Salt pepper mayo egg dill relish and diced onion is what I usually have on it. I like it on toast or crackers best.

Re: Tuna salad - 01/15/20 11:26 PM

Can't wait until my tomatoes came in.
Posted By: Sniper.270

Re: Tuna salad - 01/15/20 11:55 PM

Can of tuna, packet of salmon, chopped onion, chopped dill pickles, boiled eggs, mayo, mix it all up. Boils some pasta, elbows or shells, when done put them in tuna. Then add horseradish. Little or lot. Mix well.
Toast some bread, add time, then put ya some chouilla hot sauce.
On crackers is good too.
Posted By: Slow Drifter

Re: Tuna salad - 01/16/20 01:12 AM

I like a good tuna salad. I leave my cans of tuna in the fridge so it's always cold and ready to mix and eat. Years ago we grilled tuna steaks one night, and you know you leave them pretty much raw in the middle. Delicious. After we ate we had a few left. I would have been fine eating them cold with wasabe, wife had another idea. So I threw them back on the grill to finish them all the way through. Tossed them in the fridge overnight. The next morning we were hosting an after-church brunch for a couple new families and the preacher/wife combo. I flaked the tuna and put it in a big bowl. On the kitchen island we sat out bowls of mustard, mayo, chopped onion, chopped eggs, celery, sweet and dill relish, and a few other things. Everyone got a small bowl and mixed their own tuna salad going down the "buffet". At the end of the line I was making toast for those who wanted it. It went over really well and we did it a few more times over the years.

Edited to add: At a few requests, the following times we had sliced tomatoes and cucumbers at the end. A thin slice of cucumber is also very good on a tuna salad sammich!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum