Texas Hunting Forum

Banana Pudding

Posted By: TPACK

Banana Pudding - 12/21/19 04:14 PM

I do not like banana's in my pudding with vanilla wafers, so therefore I guess I really like vanilla wafer pudding. A girl at work brought some this week(banana pudding) and several people did not like it with bananas. I thought all these years that I was the only one. Do you Like or Dislike the bananas in the pudding with vanilla wafers.[color:#3333FF][/color]
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Banana Pudding - 12/21/19 05:01 PM

Bananas, or it ain’t banana pudding.
Posted By: decook

Re: Banana Pudding - 12/21/19 05:07 PM

Like.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Banana Pudding - 12/21/19 06:06 PM

I LOVE banana pudding. My grandmother would make me one every time I came to visit.....My wife made me one this week and I still have a little in the fridge....will be gone by tomorrow.....
Posted By: LonestarCobra

Re: Banana Pudding - 12/21/19 06:09 PM

I hate banana anything, so you could say I am a vanilla pudding sort of guy. I loved them as a kid, but at some point I started not liking them. My kid goes thru them at the rate of two per day.
Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: Banana Pudding - 12/21/19 06:30 PM

Gotta have banana.

My grandmothers I liked warm. My wife’s I like is cold.
Posted By: texfork

Re: Banana Pudding - 12/21/19 07:39 PM

I'm a yes to banana's in banana pudding .
Posted By: fmrmbmlm

Re: Banana Pudding - 12/21/19 08:06 PM

Either way, but the pudding has to be made from scratch, wife's is darn good.
Posted By: leswad

Re: Banana Pudding - 12/22/19 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by fmrmbmlm

Recipe?
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: Banana Pudding - 12/22/19 01:49 AM

I used to love banana pudding, it was a staple at our family get togethers. We now make one without bananas and one with as 3 of us have become allergic to bananas. It is not quite as good without them but it's not bad.
Posted By: fmrmbmlm

Re: Banana Pudding - 12/22/19 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by leswad

Recipe?

From the source :

Banana Pudding
4 T flour
1 c. sugar
1 t salt
3 egg yolks
2 c milk
2 T butter
1 t vanilla

In a saucepan, put flour, sugar and salt and stir; add lightly beaten egg yolks and milk; Cook until pudding thickens stirring constantly on medium heat. Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla. Let cool; in a large bowl, place a layer of vanilla wafers and then a layer of sliced bananas and then about a 1/3 of the pudding; repeat the layers two more times. I usually add extra vanilla wafers on top as we like a lot of vanilla wafers. Note: You can use the above recipe and add coconut and place in a cooked pie shell for coconut pie. I use the egg whites to make a meringue and top with coconut.
Posted By: txmudder

Re: Banana Pudding - 12/22/19 03:14 AM

Banana pudding is so much better without the bananas. My wife will always make me a banana free batch when she makes it with bananas for her and the kids. food
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Banana Pudding - 12/22/19 03:24 AM

I prefer pudding and wafers too. I will see if I can get my MIL's recipe and post it up. Damn it is a fine one
Posted By: leswad

Re: Banana Pudding - 12/23/19 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by leswad

Recipe?

From the source :

Banana Pudding
4 T flour
1 c. sugar
1 t salt
3 egg yolks
2 c milk
2 T butter
1 t vanilla

In a saucepan, put flour, sugar and salt and stir; add lightly beaten egg yolks and milk; Cook until pudding thickens stirring constantly on medium heat. Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla. Let cool; in a large bowl, place a layer of vanilla wafers and then a layer of sliced bananas and then about a 1/3 of the pudding; repeat the layers two more times. I usually add extra vanilla wafers on top as we like a lot of vanilla wafers. Note: You can use the above recipe and add coconut and place in a cooked pie shell for coconut pie. I use the egg whites to make a meringue and top with coconut.

banana
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Banana Pudding - 12/23/19 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by skinnerback
Bananas, or it ain’t banana pudding.

And meringue on top.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum