Texas Hunting Forum

Homemade Kolaches (Klobasniks)

Posted By: skinnerback

Homemade Kolaches (Klobasniks) - 12/18/19 04:26 AM

Playing around with different bread recipes, learning....made sausage/egg/cheese, bacon/egg/cheese, ham/egg/cheese this time hoping the little mouths would enjoy. In the past I’ve made brisket/onion/japs/cheese, pulled feral pork/cheese etc and they disappeared quick.

Everyone has always liked the bread, but I think it could be better. If anyone has any kolache/runza bread recipes that are good I’d appreciate it if you would share.

They freeze well, warm them up in the microwave and the kids will tare them up... [Linked Image]
.and me too smile

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Not pretty but taste good.

Re: Homemade Kolaches (Klobasniks) - 12/18/19 04:29 AM

I rolled the bread round this time instead of rectangular, won’t do that again.
Posted By: RobertY

Re: Homemade Kolaches (Klobasniks) - 12/18/19 04:38 AM

Yessssss! Taking me back to when my babcia was alive! She was the Kolache queen. Great job sir!
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Homemade Kolaches (Klobasniks) - 12/18/19 04:42 AM

I've done this using croissant dough. It turns out really good, but the bread doesn't reheat well. I need a new dough recipe. For filling, my favorite is breakfast sausage, cream cheese, and jalapeno.
Posted By: Furb

Re: Homemade Kolaches (Klobasniks) - 12/18/19 04:48 AM

Those look great
Posted By: 10pointers

Re: Homemade Kolaches (Klobasniks) - 12/18/19 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by RobertYuras
Yessssss! Taking me back to when my babcia was alive! She was the Kolache queen. Great job sir!

Yes my Babicka was great at making Kolaches. Thats three generations back non of her daughters or Granddaughters can rival her talents. Yet there is hope a little kolaches in Hillsboro come close I bypass West every time and buy there when heading up I35.

Back to the original post those look delicious
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Homemade Kolaches (Klobasniks) - 12/18/19 05:10 AM

O my. My Czeck heritage says those are legit Skinner. Well Played Brother food

Re: Homemade Kolaches (Klobasniks) - 12/18/19 05:11 AM

Thanks guys, I enjoy making them for my family and like to eat them too.
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Homemade Kolaches (Klobasniks) - 12/18/19 11:32 AM

My wife has a recipe from her grandmother we have been wanting to make, the only problem is that it makes 7 dozen! They have tried cutting it in the past and for some reason they don't taste right. So that is pretty much the reason we have never made them.
Posted By: decook

Re: Homemade Kolaches (Klobasniks) - 12/18/19 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Herbie Hancock
My wife has a recipe from her grandmother we have been wanting to make, the only problem is that it makes 7 dozen! They have tried cutting it in the past and for some reason they don't taste right. So that is pretty much the reason we have never made them.

Cypress aint too far away - behold Herbie Hancock, you have friends! Honestly, I wish I had a bread recipe that's as good or better than Shipley's. That's the taste i like.
Posted By: Judd

Re: Homemade Kolaches (Klobasniks) - 12/18/19 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by 2Beez

You're Czech heritage is so thick you don't even know how to spell it roflmao roflmao

Also....skinner....you just cucked BigPig and didn't even know it grin BP - use this recipe.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Homemade Kolaches (Klobasniks) - 12/18/19 04:00 PM

those look great!!! something I would love to get a recipe ...

We stop in at Hruska's and Weikel's going to/from Katy, which are some of the best Klobasnikys I have had. There used to be a little hole in the wall place in old down town West when I was in Waco before the hype got going strong and the other stores popped up on the IH35 access road.
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: Homemade Kolaches (Klobasniks) - 12/18/19 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Judd

You're Czech heritage is so thick you don't even know how to spell it roflmao roflmao

That is hilarious right there.

These look great skinner.
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Homemade Kolaches (Klobasniks) - 12/18/19 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by KRoyal

Being a Czech maybe he is too hard headed to want to accept the actual spelling. I know this because I married into 100% Czech's, they take being hard headed to the next level.
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: Homemade Kolaches (Klobasniks) - 12/18/19 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Herbie Hancock
Originally Posted by KRoyal

Being a Czech maybe he is too hard headed to want to accept the actual spelling. I know this because I married into 100% Czech's, they take being hard headed to the next level.

You pretty much just explained ole joshy to a T.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Homemade Kolaches (Klobasniks) - 12/18/19 05:05 PM

Also....skinner....you just cucked BigPig and didn't even know it grin BP - use this recipe.

The funny thing is I spelled it right in my head and my fingers screwed me on that deal. I am going to punch you square in the throat next time I see you.

Kyle, shut up.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Homemade Kolaches (Klobasniks) - 12/18/19 05:49 PM

Man I got no recipes to share, but would love it if you shared yours!

What you mean not pretty? Those are things of beauty!

I straight square head, my wife is polish, seems like that whole region over there has some hard headed genetics...
Posted By: Stub

Re: Homemade Kolaches (Klobasniks) - 12/18/19 07:01 PM

Not sure how I missed this last time I was on here but them dang things look awful tasty Skinner food

The last real good Kolaches I had were at the Little Check Bakery in West, going to try Geriks next time.

Re: Homemade Kolaches (Klobasniks) - 12/18/19 07:39 PM

roflmao thanks guys. Everyone is asking me to make them again.
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: Homemade Kolaches (Klobasniks) - 12/19/19 12:49 AM

Looks good and brings back some fond memories. I had an aunt and uncle that live in Moulton Tx, they would get Kolaches between Moulton and Flatonia Tx that would melt in your mouth. I especially liked the Sesame Seed ones, but all of the fruit in the thumb print in the middle were good too.
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Homemade Kolaches (Klobasniks) - 12/19/19 02:18 AM

Man those look good. I can almost smell the bread.
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Homemade Kolaches (Klobasniks) - 12/19/19 01:18 PM

Yum!
Posted By: janie

Re: Homemade Kolaches (Klobasniks) - 12/19/19 01:34 PM

food

You fella's are wayyyy better cook's than us girls will ever hope to be.

Looks outstanding. up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum