Texas Hunting Forum

I was wrong !!

Posted By: TPACK

I was wrong !! - 12/13/19 05:20 PM

During my career in the grocery/meat business, me and my co-workers had several sayings we had regarding certain situations that came up on a daily basis(some I cant reveal here). But on of my favorite ones I had when a customer complained about the high price of meat or any other grocery item was always " Eat`n ain`t Cheap". Well..... it appears from some of the recent post about the cost per meal(AKA CPM) that " I was wrong". You truly can eat cheap. I can`t wait to see what we will be eating for the .99 cent meal. You all know it`s coming. LOL. Be careful today.. It`s Friday the 13th.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: I was wrong !! - 12/13/19 05:26 PM

It's here.

[Linked Image]

Two meals and leftovers for cornbread dressing.
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: I was wrong !! - 12/13/19 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by TPACK
During my career in the grocery/meat business, me and my co-workers had several sayings we had regarding certain situations that came up on a daily basis(some I cant reveal here). But on of my favorite ones I had when a customer complained about the high price of meat or any other grocery item was always " Eat`n ain`t Cheap". Well..... it appears from some of the recent post about the cost per meal(AKA CPM) that " I was wrong". You truly can eat cheap. I can`t wait to see what we will be eating for the .99 cent meal. You all know it`s coming. LOL. Be careful today.. It`s Friday the 13th.

I was going to post it yesterday but decided not to. .25 cent meals retried beans, tortillas, white onion, cheese. Made bean burrito tacos. Still have a lot of beans left and could make them for another 2 days which would equal out to about .25 cents per meal. Not going to because I’ve had enough lol.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: I was wrong !! - 12/13/19 09:57 PM

Salads are free when my garden is in. Love home grown tomatoes.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: I was wrong !! - 12/13/19 09:58 PM

cheers tis fixen ta go do some grocery shoppen... Got some warm weather today...
Keep your head held high & your powder dry...

edit : muzzleloader season also, bang gotta wear hunter orange...
[Linked Image]
rofl now dat dar funny, i dont care who ya are...
flag
Posted By: pertnear

Re: I was wrong !! - 12/13/19 10:20 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: TPACK

Re: I was wrong !! - 12/13/19 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by bill oxner
Salads are free when my garden is in. Love home grown tomatoes.

[Linked Image]

I agree. That is probably the best sub-1.00 meal I can think of. As a matter of fact, it is under valued @ 2.00.
Posted By: decook

Re: I was wrong !! - 12/14/19 03:12 PM

coach Good God colt.45 - not in a food post
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: I was wrong !! - 12/15/19 12:36 AM

bang my bad that twas kinda under were it shouldn't been..
My apologies to OPter... TPACK...

flag
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum