Texas Hunting Forum

Parchment paper

Posted By: _Lee

Parchment paper - 11/26/19 10:52 PM

When we first started using parchment paper we did it just with cookies but lately I’ve gotten to the point I don’t use foil at all. I use parchment paper for everything and I don’t have to worry about spraying it with a nonstick spray or anything sticking to it like foil. Anyone else do this?
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Parchment paper - 11/26/19 10:55 PM

We buy it by the large roll....use it for lots of things...
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Parchment paper - 11/27/19 03:39 AM

We love the parchment paper, a baker's best friend.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Parchment paper - 12/02/19 07:28 PM

yep, all sorts of baking things my wife uses parchment paper.
Posted By: Mwhuntfish

Re: Parchment paper - 12/04/19 02:45 AM

Great for making crispy bacon in the oven. Lay strips on paper and bake. Don't have to turn since they cook in their own grease, and no rack to clean
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Parchment paper - 12/05/19 03:47 PM

Hmmm will have to give this a try. I didn't know it wouldn't stick to stuff. Makes since though I have lined cake pans with it to make sure they come out without breaking.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Parchment paper - 12/05/19 05:00 PM

yep, we use it all the time especially for cookies ... bacon is usually aluminum foil which helps with clean up which is not the case with parchment
Posted By: TPACK

Re: Parchment paper - 12/07/19 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by PMK
yep, we use it all the time especially for cookies ... bacon is usually aluminum foil which helps with clean up which is not the case with parchment

I agree. I place the foil in a manner that the grease never hits the pan and I can fold the foil up with the grease inside.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum