Texas Hunting Forum

Yard Bird Winging it.

Posted By: Stub

Yard Bird Winging it. - 10/20/19 07:41 PM

Had some wings in the freeze and could not stand it any longer, now the decision was what spices and how to cook them?

So I rummaged through the spice cabinets and pulled out about 6 different spices, took the tops off and did the sniff test to decide which ones were the winner winner for my chicken dinner grin
Same thing with Tabasco or Louisiana Hot sauce which was a quick and easy decision! Put them in the fridge to marinate until its time.
How many times have you folks decided on seasoning with your sniffer?

Question now is cooking them in the oven or Charcoal and Mesquite chips on the grill, suggestions??

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Yard Bird Winging it. - 10/20/19 07:58 PM

Good start.
Posted By: TexasKC

Re: Yard Bird Winging it. - 10/20/19 08:00 PM

I've never cooked wings in the oven. I throw them on the propane grill and brush on some BBQ sauce for the last few minutes. Truth is I can take them or leave them but the wife likes wings done that way.
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Yard Bird Winging it. - 10/20/19 08:39 PM

Deep fry or oven.

Re: Yard Bird Winging it. - 10/20/19 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw
Deep fry or oven.

Decision made thanks though up

[Linked Image]

Re: Yard Bird Winging it. - 10/20/19 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by TexasKC
I've never cooked wings in the oven. I throw them on the propane grill and brush on some BBQ sauce for the last few minutes. Truth is I can take them or leave them but the wife likes wings done that way.

I prefer leg quarters myself, like the dark meat it has more flavor and juicier up Wife bought these? Crazy thing is she will not eat meat that has bone in it except pork chops, she like to pick it up by the bone and eat it nuts

Re: Yard Bird Winging it. - 10/21/19 12:40 AM

Oh man just bit into it and it is way good up

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: texfork

Re: Yard Bird Winging it. - 10/21/19 04:10 PM

You did good !
Posted By: PMK

Re: Yard Bird Winging it. - 10/21/19 05:04 PM

up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum