Texas Hunting Forum

Seared chicken

Posted By: KRoyal

Seared chicken - 08/27/19 11:40 PM

Made some seared chicken breast and finished them off in the oven, made some shredded potato cakes with cheddar and jalapeños mixed in topped with bacon, shredded cheddar, sour cream, fresh chopped green onion, and a drizzle of ranch. Made some Mexican street corn to go with it as well. I’m stuffed.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: HoldPoint

Re: Seared chicken - 08/27/19 11:53 PM

Shredded potato cakes?

Re: Seared chicken - 08/28/19 12:03 AM

Shred russet potatoes on a grater on smaller holes, wrap in towel or cheese cloth and squeeze all the water out. Mix one egg, shredded cheddar cheese, and jalapeños then stir in the potatoes. Make 3-4” cakes in a medium high pan with about a table spoon of oil. Cook until golden brown and flip and do the same on the other side. Top and serve, they were amazing basically like a loaded baked potato but crispy and easier to eat lol.

If you don’t want to do it from scratch you could always use the preshredded hash browns
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Seared chicken - 08/28/19 12:08 AM

Great presentation. Would.
Posted By: txmudder

Re: Seared chicken - 08/28/19 12:15 AM

That looks awesome. food
Posted By: HoldPoint

Re: Seared chicken - 08/28/19 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by KRoyal
Shred russet potatoes on a grater on smaller holes, wrap in towel or cheese cloth and squeeze all the water out. Mix one egg, shredded cheddar cheese, and jalapeños then stir in the potatoes. Make 3-4” cakes in a medium high pan with about a table spoon of oil. Cook until golden brown and flip and do the same on the other side. Top and serve, they were amazing basically like a loaded baked potato but crispy and easier to eat lol.

If you don’t want to do it from scratch you could always use the preshredded hash browns

Added to the arsenal
Posted By: mbavo

Re: Seared chicken - 08/28/19 01:08 AM

Looks great!
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Seared chicken - 08/28/19 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by txmudder
That looks awesome. food
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Seared chicken - 08/28/19 02:26 AM

Dammit Kyle, that looks outstanding food
Posted By: PMK

Re: Seared chicken - 08/28/19 12:53 PM

up
Posted By: TooLow

Re: Seared chicken - 08/28/19 12:55 PM

Looks really good
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: Seared chicken - 08/28/19 01:43 PM

I'm in. That looks very tasty.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Seared chicken - 08/28/19 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by HoldPoint

Added to the arsenal

Growing up we called them... oh lord my German heritage is going to come into question with the spelling... catuful puffers or potato pancakes. Shred an onion in with the potatoes and take it to the next level up

Looks great food

Re: Seared chicken - 08/28/19 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by redchevy

Added to the arsenal

Growing up we called them... oh lord my German heritage is going to come into question with the spelling... catuful puffers or potato pancakes. Shred an onion in with the potatoes and take it to the next level up

Looks great food

Onion would be good in it too, this only the second time I've made them, second attempt was WAY better than the first. I put asian chili paste in the first ones and my wife did not like it had a weird taste to it. Jalapenos worked way better.

Left overs from last night turned into lunch tacos today.

[Linked Image]

Posted By: fmrmbmlm

Re: Seared chicken - 08/28/19 06:43 PM

Added to the arsenal

Looks great food

Just what I was going to say.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Seared chicken - 08/28/19 07:03 PM

Added to the arsenal

Looks great food

my mom used to make potato pancakes but used left over mashed potatoes. and made Kartoffelpuffer (German potato pancakes, had to look up proper spelling, we said it as "car-tof-fel-poof-er" following my very German grandmother's pronunciation) using shredded potatoes ... I think I can eat my own weight in either of those.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Seared chicken - 08/28/19 07:16 PM

Me too PMK!

I ate the heck out of them as a kid but probably went without having them till my late 20's. I found out through trial and error that what KRoyal mentioned about getting as much moisture out of them as possible is important to the end result.

My dad always ate them with apple sauce, I never cared for it that way.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Seared chicken - 08/28/19 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by 2Beez

Heck yes it does food
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Seared chicken - 08/28/19 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Stub
Originally Posted by 2Beez

Heck yes it does food

I'll say!
Posted By: Scott W

Re: Seared chicken - 08/29/19 03:23 AM

If you're going to make the presentation so pretty you might as well use the paper plates with a design on them! Look good!

Re: Seared chicken - 08/29/19 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by Scott W
If you're going to make the presentation so pretty you might as well use the paper plates with a design on them! Look good!

Haha yea I’ve gotten flack about that a time or two.
Posted By: Sniper.270

Re: Seared chicken - 09/14/19 06:37 PM

Yep!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum