Texas Hunting Forum

Pellet grill pellets

Posted By: FoxTrot

Pellet grill pellets - 06/18/19 11:00 PM

Im new to this game. I was apprehensive at 1st but this thing is a game changer so far. Ive cooked steaks a cpl times, pork chops, tri tip and a pulled pork. Everything has been great, more specifically the pork chops and the butt.

I have a Pit Boss and have only used PB Competition blend pellets.

What other brand/flavor are yall using and for what meat?

I want to try the Traeger Signature blend but Im sure there are a lot more out there that are good
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Pellet grill pellets - 06/18/19 11:50 PM

https://cookinpellets.com/shop/ Hickory mostly but sometimes Perfect Mix
Posted By: Pigsicles

Re: Pellet grill pellets - 06/18/19 11:53 PM

As long as you stay with name brand pellets and keep them dry you should be ok. I store mine in charcoal canisters.
I use Hickory for pork and most poultry, mesquite for steaks, Alder for Salmon and the Traeger competition blend for most other things.
I have used Oak a few times for pizza, try a Papa Murphys take and bake sometime, my family loves them.
Posted By: GunsUp18

Re: Pellet grill pellets - 06/19/19 06:04 PM

Lumberjack is my favorite. They now sell it at Premier Grilling but you can find it cheaper at Atwoods, but they only sell Hickory, Mesquite and Fruit Woods
Posted By: HoldPoint

Re: Pellet grill pellets - 06/19/19 06:49 PM

tag
Posted By: Eagle 1

Re: Pellet grill pellets - 06/19/19 09:28 PM

I have a Pit Boss and use Traeger Texas Blend (Oak, Mesquite and Pecan) and add Cherry to it. The cherry will give you a better smoke ring and adds a touch of sweet to the taste. In my opinion, the four together tastes like BBQ.
Posted By: Stevarino

Re: Pellet grill pellets - 06/19/19 10:32 PM

I buy on amazon since it’s free shipping and usually can find 40lbs bags.
I’ve been through them all but my go to is Louisiana Grills Pecan Pellets or mixed hardwoods. I think treager makes a pretty decent pellet as a backup but I’ve only found in 20lbs sacks.
Posted By: Pigsicles

Re: Pellet grill pellets - 06/20/19 10:05 AM

Costco sells the 33# Traeger Signature Blend for around $24.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum