Texas Hunting Forum

Another Smoker Question

Posted By: oldstyle244

Another Smoker Question - 06/12/19 01:41 PM

I know there are other thread about smokers.........

I have been a Bradly guy for 10-12 years; mine finally died. I like the smoke flavor I get and the set it and forget it about it. I don't like that it is a fridge style so meats drip on each other, rather go with more of a barrel style. I have read about the pellet ones and they look like what I want, but afraid i won't get a good smoke flavor. Any digital stick smokers or pellet smokers that work really well, but won't break the bank?
Posted By: Eagle 1

Re: Another Smoker Question - 06/13/19 03:26 PM

I love my Pit Boss Pellet and I DO get a smoke ring and great flavor. I also run a Pit Barrel Cooker for my ribs. Best ribs I've ever made. Find it here: (no affiliation) www.pitbarrelcooker.com
Posted By: Thisisbeer

Re: Another Smoker Question - 06/14/19 03:53 PM

I have a buddy with a Pit Boss. But, I don't get the smoke level I prefer out if it. Everyone has a personal level of smoke they like so you will get different answers. But I regulate my pellet smoker to grilling meets only. The food tastes good on a pellet smoker, but the stick smoker is always better in my opinion.
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Another Smoker Question - 06/14/19 03:54 PM

I am still waiting on really good bbq place to open the runs pellet smokers exclusively.
Posted By: Cinch

Re: Another Smoker Question - 06/14/19 10:02 PM

I bit the bullet on a Yoder pellet smoker last summer and love it. I do occasionally use the a-maze-n smoke tube and I am totally satisfied with the smoke I get. The Yoder is a little more expensive, but built like a tank. Mine has the comp cart so it is easy to move around.
Posted By: oldstyle244

Re: Another Smoker Question - 06/17/19 05:23 PM

I ended up getting a Pit Boss Pro 1100; fired it up Saturday and it cooked very good, everything turned out delicious, But I will admit, it did not have as much smoke as I was used to with the Bradley, I think I am going to get one of those amazing things and try it along with the Pit Boss and see how it does. I also could not keep it below 200 degrees (it might go to 190 occasionally) so definitely won't be used for smoking salmon, might find a smaller thing I can use for that application
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum