Texas Hunting Forum

Salad Dressings

Posted By: bill oxner

Salad Dressings - 05/24/19 03:15 PM

My tomatoes are in and I will be having a garden fresh salad everyday. What are your favorite store bought salad dressing? Also, do you eat your salad before, during, or after the main course?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 68A

Re: Salad Dressings - 05/24/19 03:27 PM

Looks good. Used to be a ranch only type of guy but lately I’ve been eating them without dressing and eating them as the meal. Dropped 20-30 lbs in the last 3 months.
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Salad Dressings - 05/24/19 03:27 PM

Store bought, thousand island or Blue cheese... NOT store brand.

I like the spicy ranch from the package. Just add a few things
Posted By: TexasKC

Re: Salad Dressings - 05/24/19 03:29 PM

Lighthouse brand chunky blue cheese is my favorite. During the main course.
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Salad Dressings - 05/24/19 03:29 PM

Depends on the salad will dictate the type of dressing, what you are showing there would be a balsamic vinaigrette.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Salad Dressings - 05/24/19 03:35 PM

I got hooked on a strong vinegar and olive oil, with spices mix when we lived in Spain. Then it became an upgraded version sort of like a ranch dressing, using olive oil, vinegar, spices and some yogurt. I eat my salad along with my meal.
Posted By: easton1025

Re: Salad Dressings - 05/24/19 03:58 PM

the old school creamy italian that is kinda "yellowish"...Seven seas use to make it but no longer does.. I can only find it at Kroger under their brand.......
But fresh tomatoes and cucumbers out of the garden.. Salt pepper...tabasco and a dash of the vinegar that has peppers in it.....!!!
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Salad Dressings - 05/24/19 09:46 PM

Id put a little jalapeño ranch on those homegrown maters. I like my salad before the meal.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Salad Dressings - 05/24/19 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Herbie Hancock
Depends on the salad will dictate the type of dressing, what you are showing there would be a balsamic vinaigrette.

That's what I used tonight. I discovered balsamic vinegar too late in my life. I put a little extra splash on there.. I'm stuffed. It was a big salad. I only ate half of my main course. I'm going to rest awhile an eat some cherry pie topped with ice cream

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: PKnTX

Re: Salad Dressings - 05/25/19 02:54 AM

A chopped garden salad with picante sauce is pretty dang good.
Posted By: Pigsicles

Re: Salad Dressings - 05/25/19 11:22 AM

We eat a lot of salads and wifey prefers Ranch on hers and I like Greek dressing, robust flavor and less calories than a cream dressing. Many times we will make a meal out of our salads by adding left over steak, ham or chicken to them.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Salad Dressings - 05/28/19 04:59 PM

in trying to cut back some, I often just use salsa as a dressing on my salads. I also found that I really like the HEB brand Garlic Italian dressing. It also works very well as a marinade for various meats.
LINK
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum