Texas Hunting Forum

Burgers at home

Posted By: bill oxner

Burgers at home - 04/25/19 09:00 PM

Thursday's dinner is always cheeseburgers at home. I use a quarter pound patty, on the grill, topped with pepper jack cheese, with a side of hash brown patty, browned in hot oil. I use the leftover hot oil to brown my buns. I'm a mustard, pickle, and onion man myself, unless my home grown tomatoes are in. It saves me planning another dinner every week.

Do you?
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Burgers at home - 04/25/19 09:12 PM

Yes. 75/25 venison bacon burgers. Used to be 3/4lb patties but I've cut down to 1/2 lb patties seasoned the way I like them. Xtra mustard with grilled onions & jalapenos/lettuce & tomato/Miracle Whip/double Pepper Jack Cheese melted on. Texas Sized buns or Texas Toast buttered & toasted on both sides on the grill. Side of japs & sweet potato fries. Fill in the cracks with some Blue Bell Buttered Pecan. Lights out...
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Burgers at home - 04/25/19 09:16 PM

I like making caramelized onions, Gouda cheese and some sliced avocado.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Burgers at home - 04/25/19 11:19 PM

1/2 lb 80/20 or 75/25 with salt and pepper then lightly packed. Cooked over charcoal base with mesquite wood for smoke cooked almost medium (light pink/red), melt sharp Cheddar or Pepper Jack cheese while on fire while toasting buns. Then mustard, lettuce, tomatoes, onions and Jalapenos and some Lays Potato chips and Ranch Style Beans with a cold glass of milk food
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Burgers at home - 04/26/19 05:43 PM

You guys put mustard on burgers?
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Burgers at home - 04/26/19 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by snake oil

Extra mustard. Just had one actually.

Re: Burgers at home - 04/27/19 11:19 AM

Yes sir up Oh no don't tell me you kill it with Mayo ?
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Burgers at home - 04/27/19 12:20 PM

Of course.
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Burgers at home - 04/27/19 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Stub

Yes I do and plenty of it. I always thought mustard was for pork ie. corny dogs, hot dogs, rubens, ham, etc.

Re: Burgers at home - 04/27/19 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Stub

Yes I do and plenty of it. I always thought mustard was for pork ie. corny dogs, hot dogs, rubens, ham, etc.

Yep Mustard is good on all of those, usually I use Mayo on Ham Sammiches
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Burgers at home - 04/28/19 05:56 AM

Tuesday is our hamburger day because it is half priced cheeseburgers at Sonic, we pick them up then have a picnic in the park.

Re: Burgers at home - 04/28/19 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by dogcatcher
Tuesday is our hamburger day because it is half priced cheeseburgers at Sonic, we pick them up then have a picnic in the park.

DC that sounds like a very enjoyable meal up
Posted By: PMK

Re: Burgers at home - 04/29/19 04:53 PM

yep, usually 1/2+ lb 80/20 formed to about 3/4 inch thick, lightly packed with black pepper, smoked for 30 minutes then moved to directly over the coals to bring to medium in center. Swiss cheese and sauteed onions on a Texas size bun with mustard on one side, ketchup on the other, heavily dusted with black pepper and sliced jalapenos.

this same method using breakfast sausage or Italian sausage takes burgers to a whole new level for me.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum