Texas Hunting Forum

Weekend Beef Ribs

Posted By: TPACK

Weekend Beef Ribs - 03/29/19 08:17 PM

I cut these ribs off of a whole ribeye a while back. Finally getting around to smoking them tomorrow. Probably gonna smoke them for 2 hours and then finish them in the oven for about 3 hours. I will put my BBQ sauce on them and put back in oven for 30 minutes for the BBQ sauce to set up.

Rub----Coarse black pepper, kosher salt, garlic powder, dry mustard, paprika and a little brown sugar. In the fridge over night.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Weekend Beef Ribs - 03/29/19 08:36 PM

Someone asked about the amount of meat on beef ribs on another thread. You just showed us. It's the way you leave the meat on the ribs when you cut them frome the eye.

Re: Weekend Beef Ribs - 03/29/19 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by bill oxner
Someone asked about the amount of meat on beef ribs on another thread. You just showed us. It's the way you leave the meat on the ribs when you cut them from the eye.

Here they are before seasoning. There is more meat on these than what you would get from a packing plant. They will leave just enough meat on the ribs to stay together and the rest stays on the ribeye.. About 5.00 per lb. difference when selling to retailer.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Stub

Re: Weekend Beef Ribs - 03/29/19 10:30 PM

Looks like some good eating shortly up

I was given some beef ribs from a friend of the wifes and there was so much fat on them I started not to smoke them, did anyways had good flavor but not worth the hassle, ended up throwing them away.
Pizzed my dog off , heck he wanted them.

One day I will step up and buy some good beef ribs and give them a real shot.

Re: Weekend Beef Ribs - 04/26/19 11:41 PM

I started to cook these ribs a while back but the weather did not cooperate so I froze them. This is ribs 2.0. Better late than never.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Weekend Beef Ribs - 04/27/19 09:22 AM

food
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Weekend Beef Ribs - 04/27/19 11:18 PM

cheers Yum! food
Posted By: PMK

Re: Weekend Beef Ribs - 04/29/19 04:47 PM

up love beef ribs
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum