Texas Hunting Forum

Redfish

Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Redfish - 02/21/19 02:41 AM

A buddy of mine told me about this recipe he got from a fishing guides wife in Louisiana. I seasoned redfish with slap dat seasoning, brushed a light coating of homemade ranch dressing, then topped it with Parmesan cheese. I made a foil plate to cook it on with folded up sides. I sprayed the foil with cooking spray then put tabs of butter where I was going to put the fish. Then grilled it over oak lump charcoal. I was a little apprehensive when I was told about it, but you can’t spit it out until you try it. We thoroughly enjoyed it.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Redfish - 02/21/19 02:55 AM

That sounds outstanding and look amazing food
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Redfish - 02/21/19 02:55 AM

looks awesome....love reds on the half shell
Posted By: Guy

Re: Redfish - 02/21/19 01:45 PM

Looks good to me.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Redfish - 02/21/19 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by 2Beez
That sounds outstanding and look amazing food

food
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Redfish - 02/21/19 02:40 PM

It does sound good.

No offense meant, I would surely eat it and will probably try it as I have some redfish in the freezer, but I find the appearance of the fish to be off putting, just isn't a pretty food to me.
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Redfish - 02/21/19 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by redchevy
It does sound good.

No offense meant, I would surely eat it and will probably try it as I have some redfish in the freezer, but I find the appearance of the fish to be off putting, just isn't a pretty food to me.

Yeah it does look weird, you didn't hurt my feeling.

Heck I could have used a blurry photo we have all seen 100's of times............
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Redfish - 02/21/19 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by redchevy
It does sound good.

I agree. I found out too late in life that you could also do skin and scales on trout. I always sprinkle the top with paprika to inhance the presentation.

[Linked Image]

You can tell when they are fully cooked by the cracks. I use very little seasoning and serve with seasoned butter.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Redfish - 02/21/19 03:27 PM

Seared some salmon a friend gave us from a trip to Alaska. Wife liked the salmon but wouldn't try the skin... I ate hers too food
Posted By: jakebunch

Re: Redfish - 02/23/19 11:19 PM

Is amaziing what Chef Paul Prudhomme did with Redfish. I would for sure try yours.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum