Texas Hunting Forum

home made Chilli ?

Posted By: 1860.colt

home made Chilli ? - 02/16/19 02:16 AM

confused2 Ground up deer, thick & chunky salsa, tomato juice, Chilli powder, some peppers, & dare i say, beans....
flag
Posted By: HoldPoint

Re: home made Chilli ? - 02/16/19 02:18 AM

Beans are delicious
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: home made Chilli ? - 02/16/19 02:21 AM

whip
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: home made Chilli ? - 02/16/19 02:28 AM

Not again
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: home made Chilli ? - 02/16/19 02:28 AM

Beans x2 up
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: home made Chilli ? - 02/16/19 02:30 AM

Team beans.

Re: home made Chilli ? - 02/16/19 02:39 AM

chef B no shortage of gas....
flag
Posted By: LonestarCobra

Re: home made Chilli ? - 02/16/19 02:47 AM

Sounds like a gassy spaghetti sauce.
Posted By: wp75169

Re: home made Chilli ? - 02/16/19 02:58 AM

No beans
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: home made Chilli ? - 02/16/19 02:59 AM

Beans suck.

Re: home made Chilli ? - 02/16/19 03:11 AM

get in that thar fish house with me bro & pals, b like a gas chambers...
flag
Posted By: DannyB

Re: home made Chilli ? - 02/16/19 03:14 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: home made Chilli ? - 02/16/19 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by DannyB
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

can leave one heck of a nicateen stain on your shorts...
flag
Posted By: BigPig

Re: home made Chilli ? - 02/16/19 03:38 AM

Beans. If no beans, you’re eating meat soup

Re: home made Chilli ? - 02/16/19 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
Beans suck.

beans been known ta make a man suck wind from d inside out...

flag
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: home made Chilli ? - 02/16/19 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by BigPig

Soups have beans.

Re: home made Chilli ? - 02/16/19 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

Soups have beans.

Well there you go. Problem solved. It’s all soup, just different seasoning.

Case closed
Posted By: Superduty

Re: home made Chilli ? - 02/16/19 04:08 AM

Beans are a filler.

No beans in my chili.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: home made Chilli ? - 02/16/19 04:25 AM

You can eat it either way and it will not bother me popcorn

Re: home made Chilli ? - 02/16/19 06:11 AM

worthless
flag
Posted By: TPACK

Re: home made Chilli ? - 02/16/19 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by DannyB
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I saw this the other day but changed the channel and never saw results. I did choose A though.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: home made Chilli ? - 02/16/19 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by colt.45
confused2 Ground up deer, thick & chunky salsa, tomato juice, Chilli powder, some peppers, & dare i say, beans....
flag

I can go either way on beans but this is the first recipe I've ever seen without onions.
Posted By: CitySlickerHunter

Re: home made Chilli ? - 02/16/19 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by 2Beez
You can eat it either way and it will not bother me popcorn

food
Posted By: Cast

Re: home made Chilli ? - 02/16/19 04:40 PM

Man, the more salsa, tomatoes and beans, the better the soup is. Love me some spicy tomato soup.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: home made Chilli ? - 02/16/19 05:24 PM

Don’t forget a couple cans of redried beans....thank Bill

I’ll Jes settle for chili without beans of any kind..... 2cents
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: home made Chilli ? - 02/16/19 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler
Don’t forget a couple cans of redried beans....thank Bill

I’ll Jes settle for chili without beans of any kind..... 2cents

Word
Posted By: ETexas Hunter

Re: home made Chilli ? - 02/16/19 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw
Team beans.
Posted By: notamtchance

Re: home made Chilli ? - 02/17/19 09:56 PM

True Texas Chili is without beans and the rest of the state's is with. I like both. Born and need Texan.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: home made Chilli ? - 02/18/19 10:06 PM

Must be the off season. #TeamNoBeans
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: home made Chilli ? - 02/18/19 10:20 PM

As much as I don’t care for beans in chili, it’s not nearly as bad as Cincinnati style chili with absurd amounts of cinnamon in it.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: home made Chilli ? - 02/18/19 10:21 PM

Beans has no bearing on weather it is or isn't chilli. I enjoy both with and without.
Posted By: Guy

Re: home made Chilli ? - 02/18/19 10:40 PM

We have chili contest at work all the time, you would not believe all the crap they put in chili. If you goona put beans in it, where does it end? No beans!!! SMH.
Posted By: Thisisbeer

Re: home made Chilli ? - 02/18/19 10:40 PM

Ground up deer, thick & chunky salsa, tomato juice, Chilli powder, some peppers, & dare i say, beans....

This recipe. It's not real is it? Am I missing a joke? The beans seem to be of least concern...

Re: home made Chilli ? - 02/18/19 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Thisisbeer
Ground up deer, thick & chunky salsa, tomato juice, Chilli powder, some peppers, & dare i say, beans....

This recipe. It's not real is it? Am I missing a joke? The beans seem to be of least concern...

Salsa and tomato juice. rofl

Re: home made Chilli ? - 02/18/19 11:33 PM

I’m really going to throw y’all for a loop. Lady at work is allergic to tomatoes, she made her chili and served it to everybody and it was fantastic. Later she told me that she uses carrot sauces and what not in place of tomato products. Absolutely could not tell the difference but I didn’t have heart burn, so that’s a win.

Re: home made Chilli ? - 02/19/19 12:49 AM

I’m really going to throw y’all for a loop. Lady at work is allergic to tomatoes, she made her chili and served it to everybody and it was fantastic. Later she told me that she uses carrot sauces and what not in place of tomato products. Absolutely could not tell the difference but I didn’t have heart burn, so that’s a win.

Tell her to try it with no tomato at all, I like it better that way. I made a batch with tomato and without, did taste test with my kids, my son like the no tomato batch better, my daughter liked the tomato batch better, but she also loves spaghetti sauce. roflmao
Posted By: Thisisbeer

Re: home made Chilli ? - 02/19/19 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by Guy

Tell to try it with no tomato at all, I like it better that way. I made a batch with tomato and without, did taste test with my kids, my son like the no tomato batch better, my daughter liked the tomato batch better, but she also loves spaghetti sauce. roflmao

I got in a "Beans/No Beans" style discussion with a guy. But instead of beans, it was about adding tomatoes. I'm not sure I have ever had chilli that didn't have some kind of tomato sauce in it. He said it was unnatural and ruined chilli. I guess I need to try it out.
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: home made Chilli ? - 02/19/19 01:56 AM

I'm OK with one can of rotel, but no more. Its not spaghetti sauce.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: home made Chilli ? - 02/19/19 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Thisisbeer
Originally Posted by Guy

Tell to try it with no tomato at all, I like it better that way. I made a batch with tomato and without, did taste test with my kids, my son like the no tomato batch better, my daughter liked the tomato batch better, but she also loves spaghetti sauce. roflmao

I got in a "Beans/No Beans" style discussion with a guy. But instead of beans, it was about adding tomatoes. I'm not sure I have ever had chilli that didn't have some kind of tomato sauce in it. He said it was unnatural and ruined chilli. I guess I need to try it out.

According to some if you have never had "chilli" without tomatoes or beans then you've never had "chilli" at all.

When Moses came down from the mount, there was no commandment stating "chilli shall not have tomatoes or beans" just a bunch of people that got nothing better to worry about than tell you how to cook your food and what it is. Pizz on em. My family has been cooking chilli in texas for 4 generations and we cook it with beans lol... but that isn't chilli and it isn't how Texans make it lol. I got nothing in me but texas.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum