Texas Hunting Forum

Over pasta

Posted By: bill oxner

Over pasta - 02/06/19 11:49 PM

Don't remember the last time I had spaghetti with meat sauce.. Ever get tired of trying different ways to use up your links. Try them with your own or store bought marinara aka spaghetti sauce.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Over pasta - 02/07/19 05:12 AM

Looks great!

Try cooking chorizo with onions/garlic/bell peppers in a tomato sauce and putting it over rice or noodles. It's pretty good especially if you top with queso and brown in the oven.
Posted By: texfork

Re: Over pasta - 02/07/19 10:46 AM

Looks very good .
Posted By: Stub

Re: Over pasta - 02/07/19 12:07 PM

Looks great food

Wife cooked spaghetti the other night, never get tired of it up
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Over pasta - 02/07/19 01:40 PM

If I make spaghetti without meat balls my son will pitch a FIT!
taz
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Over pasta - 02/07/19 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by redchevy
If I make spaghetti without meat balls my son will pitch a FIT!
taz

Dang you set that bar high!
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Over pasta - 02/07/19 10:29 PM

1 large onion, chopped and sauteed until translucent
1 pkg hot venison breakfast sausage (18-20oz, sometimes more), browned
1-2 8oz cans of mushroom pieces/stems
3 24oz jars Classico Fire Roasted Tomato and Garlic sauce
1 6oz can of tomato paste

Throw it all in the crockpot on low for 6 hours. For noodles I've been quartering and roasting large (2.5-3lb) spaghetti squash.
Posted By: BayouGuy

Re: Over pasta - 02/08/19 12:43 AM

I'm right there with you on the spaghetti squash QuitShootingYoungBucks. Started using it in place of pasta for a variety of dishes about two years ago and both my wife and I really like it. It's fine with just about any meat and tomato sauce dish like meat balls, meat sauce or daube, or even with just olive oil, garlic and parmesan cheese. It even works well with shrimp scampi.

However, I don't quarter it. I cut it in half across the round (not end-to-end). That way you get long "noodles". Scrape out the seeds with a spoon. Brush the inside with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Place the two halves cut side down on a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil and bake in the oven at 300 degrees for 30 minutes. Let it cool and scrape out the long spaghetti with a fork.

However, you may be dismayed to hear that I have not quit shooting young bucks. They are delicious. grin
Posted By: TPACK

Re: Over pasta - 02/14/19 02:35 PM

Looks good Bill, but them green thing need to go. I used to make my own meat sauce but decided that the store bought sauces are easy and actually pretty good. I always make lots of meatballs so I can have extras for sandwiches or just to snack on.
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Over pasta - 02/14/19 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by TPACK
Looks good Bill, but them green thing need to go. I used to make my own meat sauce but decided that the store bought sauces are easy and actually pretty good. I always make lots of meatballs so I can have extras for sandwiches or just to snack on.

I would like to make my own sauce but HEB makes a really good sauce. The only thing that keeps me wanting to figure out a quick homemade sauce is the amount of sugar that those store bought sauces have.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Over pasta - 02/17/19 01:38 AM

I made shrimp scampi tonight. It does not make a good presentation.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Over pasta - 02/17/19 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I made shrimp scampi tonight. It does not make a good presentation.

Some of the best tasting food I have prepared did not make for a good presentation. I am not a chef and never claimed to be. My Nephew that is a chef can do the fancy presentations but at home his cooking is great but doesn't look like his high dollar restaurant dishes
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum