Texas Hunting Forum

Jello

Posted By: bill oxner

Jello - 01/13/19 04:32 PM

I lost a few un-needed pounds since the holidays and came up with a hankering for a fruit salad held together with Jello. My momma made it when I was growing up but I can't ever remember making it myself. Ever make it? What do you put in there?
Posted By: Cast

Re: Jello - 01/13/19 05:06 PM

I love red jello with fruit cocktail in it. The tricky part is stirring it as it gels to keep the fruits suspended. I add sliced bananas too.

Remember to not add pineapple. The pineapple in the fruit cocktail is ok. Any more and it won’t gel.

I love fresh fruit salad too.

Re: Jello - 01/14/19 10:04 PM

Took less than five minutes and cost around two dollars.

[Linked Image]

Re: Jello - 01/14/19 10:10 PM

That looks good.

Re: Jello - 01/14/19 10:26 PM

I put a banana in there like you suggested. I plan to put a cubed apple in my next batch. I made ambrosia over the holidays. It was a little too heavy for me.

Re: Jello - 01/14/19 10:36 PM

I wonder if you could add mandarin oranges to a batch? Small sweet apple chunks sound great.

Re: Jello - 01/14/19 11:41 PM

Cathy left some frozen cherries here. I plan to try them in my next batch. Your only calories are from the fruit.

I love fruit. I grew up on a cotton farm in Arkansas. We had a little fruit orchard with two cherrie trees. I'd climb up in in them and eat cherries one at a time.
Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: Jello - 01/15/19 05:08 AM

That looks delicious.
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Jello - 01/15/19 12:46 PM

I think you could add some Vodka also.. cheers
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Jello - 01/15/19 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
That looks delicious.
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: Jello - 01/15/19 05:17 PM

My mom made something called "heavenly hash." It contained lime Jello, whipped cream, pecans, marshmallows and pineapple (I think). It was pretty good stuff.

Re: Jello - 01/15/19 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Choctaw
My mom made something called "heavenly hash." It contained lime Jello, whipped cream, pecans, marshmallows and pineapple (I think). It was pretty good stuff.

That’s the ‘green stuff’ they serve at Luby’s. I love it. We make it occasionally too.
Posted By: TPACK

Re: Jello - 01/19/19 02:25 PM

I have not eaten Jello since I was a kid. I remember all of the different molds that everyone used to serve it in. I really liked it though.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum