Texas Hunting Forum

Lonestar Grillz

Posted By: thecoblecrew

Lonestar Grillz - 01/06/19 06:32 PM

Does anyone have experience with these smokers? They are out of Willis. I hear really good things about them and the quality looks unmatched, but they definitely are not cheap. Looking at the 24x40 or 24x48 offset smoker. I haven’t seen them in person so obviously haven’t seen anyone cook on them and how well they do. Any experienced cookers with them on here with advice/comments would be appreciated. Thanks

www.lonestargrillz.com
Posted By: retfuz

Re: Lonestar Grillz - 01/08/19 12:49 AM

Looking at the materials they use, it appears to be some pretty sturdy stuff..Also, good warranty.
Posted By: drieber

Re: Lonestar Grillz - 01/15/19 06:46 PM

I bought one of their trailer pits about 8 months ago- 24x60 with vertical smoker and 1/2" fire box. For back yard cooking I have a 24x42 Pits by JJ that I've had for 8 years or so. Before the trailer purchase, I shopped all major pit builders in Houston. LSG hands down has the best craftsmanship out there. Cooks great and holds temperature right where Chris told me it would. Worth the money for sure. Hope this helps.
Posted By: driedmeat

Re: Lonestar Grillz - 01/15/19 07:12 PM

Venison version of beef tips/gravy...
Place whole shoulder into slow cooker. Pour in beef broth and two cans of french onion soup. Cook at 225-250 overnight (until meat shreds). Allow to cool and scrape any fat off of the broth. Pour the broth into a large pot with salt, pepper, garlic, and worcestershire. Simmer on med/high heat to reduce by about 1/3. Debone, shred/chop meat and add back in to pot. Thicken with roux. Add sour cream. Serve over egg noodles (or rice, mashed potatos, etc)

Pastrami... cure individual trimmed hind quarter muscles in corned beef cure (excalibur makes a good one). Once cured, roll them in course black pepper and smoke them as you would ham, bacon, sausage or jerky. However, start off with cold smoke and increase temp for a few hours while smoking. Then hit on a hot grill to finish. Allow to cool and thin slice. Makes a great hot melted cheese sandwich.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Lonestar Grillz - 01/15/19 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by driedmeat
Venison version of beef tips/gravy...
Place whole shoulder into slow cooker. Pour in beef broth and two cans of french onion soup. Cook at 225-250 overnight (until meat shreds). Allow to cool and scrape any fat off of the broth. Pour the broth into a large pot with salt, pepper, garlic, and worcestershire. Simmer on med/high heat to reduce by about 1/3. Debone, shred/chop meat and add back in to pot. Thicken with roux. Add sour cream. Serve over egg noodles (or rice, mashed potatos, etc)

Pastrami... cure individual trimmed hind quarter muscles in corned beef cure (excalibur makes a good one). Once cured, roll them in course black pepper and smoke them as you would ham, bacon, sausage or jerky. However, start off with cold smoke and increase temp for a few hours while smoking. Then hit on a hot grill to finish. Allow to cool and thin slice. Makes a great hot melted cheese sandwich.

scratch
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum