Texas Hunting Forum

Preparation station?

Posted By: HS2

Preparation station? - 11/21/18 01:31 AM

Next year I will be making a meat processing & preparation station. I’ve seen some pretty neat ones, but if you could make an ideal one, what would you include? I hope to be processing deer and hogs, and would like to make something that allows for easy butchering, easy cleanup, and good cleaning and processing of the meat. What materials would you use, and how would you arrange it?
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Preparation station? - 11/21/18 05:37 AM

A 6 to 6 foot long stainless steel table with a large sink at the end, With enough lip on the front, back and both ends that any liquids will drain towards the sink. A #32 grinder, I like my antique Enterprise sausage stuffer, but would love a 4 quart stainless steel one. A 2x4 foot HDPE cutting board about 1 inch thick. Vacuum sealer, wrapping paper dispenser, knives, a good steel, diamond hones, and knife storage rack. A concrete floor with a drain, tile walls, water system that has a hose hookup to hot and cold running water. Accurate scale, measuring utensils and a few stainless steel and plastic tubs. Large upright and chest freezer. Ideally all in a small room that could be kept cold, damn cold.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Preparation station? - 11/21/18 01:34 PM

A meat tenderizer.
Posted By: TPACK

Re: Preparation station? - 11/21/18 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by bill oxner
A meat tenderizer.

I have a Hobart Steakmaster 401 meat tenderizer for sale. I haven`t listed it in the classified section yet. That would complete it. Let me know if you are interested. 300.00
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum