Texas Hunting Forum

corozon de venada

Posted By: captdavid

corozon de venada - 11/04/18 06:30 PM

For years I tried to eat deer heart. I used intricate recipes. Then KISS. Trim heart, cut into 1" thick 2"wide strips. Pound with commercial Fajita season with meat tenderizer, I use Fiesta, or your own mix, olive oil and lime juice. They're ok at this point, but left in the 'fridge for a couple hours are more tender. They're best cooked when at room temperature to about medium-rare. Serve/eat as you would any fajita. capt david

"It's not how hard you hit 'em, it's where you hit 'em." The 30-06 will, with the right bullet, successfully take any game animal in North America up to 300yds. Get closer!
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: corozon de venada - 11/04/18 07:58 PM

food
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: corozon de venada - 11/04/18 08:24 PM

I watched a hunting show years ago where a chef de-valved a deer heart, then cooked it. Salt, pepper and olive oil. I haven’t done it myself, but it sounds good
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: corozon de venada - 11/04/18 09:51 PM

up
Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: corozon de venada - 11/04/18 10:09 PM

Corazon de Venado.

No thanks.
Posted By: jeremy360

Re: corozon de venada - 11/05/18 01:28 AM

Dice it into small pieces. Make a 1 cup flour and 1 cup oil roux.color of dark peanut butter. Mix together and simmer down a little onion. Add a can of cream of mushroom and a bunch of sliced fresh mushrooms. Season to taste. Little white pepper, black pepper, garlic, nature seasoning,etc. Pour over rice. I do the same with duck....sometime add deer and duck to same pot. Makes a real rich gravy that's good over rice...kind of like giblet gravy. We always save the hearts.
Posted By: djs303

Re: corozon de venada - 11/05/18 04:32 AM

I cook it by rolling heart pieces in seasoned flower and place in pan and brown it with a couple tablespoons of oil or butter. Set browned meat aside and put sliced onions in pan and saute the onion. After onions are ready add meat back in and pour in two cups of hot water with a tablespoon of flour mixed into the water. Salt and Pepper to taste and bring to a simmer stirring while scraping the bottom of the pan to remove stuck pan drippings. It will thicken into a gravy and let it simmer for a while to make it tender. Serve over rice like beef tips. Pretty good eats!
Posted By: booger

Re: corozon de venada - 11/08/18 05:41 PM

Trim the caps off, cut the visible connective tissue inside, slice thin and soak in milk for a bit, then season and pan fry... AWESOME with fried eggs and biscuits.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum