Texas Hunting Forum

'Peach Paper'

Posted By: mattyg06

'Peach Paper' - 06/28/18 04:53 PM

Someone was asking about the 'peach' paper that Aaron Franklin uses for his BBQ instead of foil.

Quote:
You can blame Mr Aaron Franklin. You know, the James Beard award-winning brisket guru who’s restaurant is famed not only for it’s meat, but for the five hour lines. See, Aaron wraps his cooked briskets in paper to hold them during service, something he learned from his time with John Mueller who learned the technique from his own dad, Bobby, of Louie Mueller Barbecue fame. Two key things happened: Aaron and his barbecue got really, really, ridiculously famous, and he started using a pink/peach colored paper instead of the regular white one. This combo was all that was needed for folks around the world to get feverish over what is commonly referred to as “peach paper”. So let’s take a look at exactly what it is, and why you’d want to use it.

Peach Paper Explained

Peach paper on Amazon
Posted By: shea.mcphail

Re: 'Peach Paper' - 06/28/18 05:11 PM

Nice! Thanks for sharing. I added the butchers paper to my wish list to remember to buy it later.
Posted By: Cast

Re: 'Peach Paper' - 06/28/18 05:16 PM

I was taught white paper but couldn’t find it unwaxed in 18” width. So I use pink paper with clear wrap over.
Posted By: TWarren

Re: 'Peach Paper' - 06/29/18 02:55 PM

I recently tried it for the first time and really liked the outcome. Instead of steaming which occurs when wrapped with foil, the fat and moisture soak the paper and really seem to keep the outside bark intact.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: 'Peach Paper' - 06/29/18 03:30 PM

I got some from Granzines Market in New Braunfels. $1 per lb. I bought a partial roll that weighed 4lbs. It was 18” wide, but 24” would work much better
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: 'Peach Paper' - 07/02/18 01:51 PM

I recently started using the butcher paper and really like it. There is a reason why all the better BBQ places use it over foil.
Posted By: GMG1

Re: 'Peach Paper' - 07/21/18 09:29 PM

I have looked at it before but it would take sooo long for me to use a roll.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: 'Peach Paper' - 07/21/18 11:42 PM

^ it won’t go bad.
Posted By: GMG1

Re: 'Peach Paper' - 07/22/18 08:19 PM

I don't know I bet there is an expiration on the box. LOL
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum