Texas Hunting Forum

Let's debate best marinate

Posted By: BuenoD

Let's debate best marinate - 05/29/18 01:37 AM

I'm new to the cooking scene and would like to know some of y'alls secrets...i won't tell. mainly im looking for venison recipes..
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Let's debate best marinate - 05/29/18 04:42 AM

If I want just plain meat, no marinade. Just kosher salt, pepper and mushrooms in olive oil. Seared med rare.

If I marinade, soy sauce, Worcestershire, garlic, pepper. That's all I have ever done. Eat that like fajitas.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Let's debate best marinate - 05/29/18 04:51 AM

Moore's if we are marinating. It is a goood
Posted By: PKnTX

Re: Let's debate best marinate - 05/29/18 04:56 AM

Olive oil
Soy sauce
Fresh cracked pepper
Salt
Paprika
Louisiana Hot sauce
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Let's debate best marinate - 05/29/18 01:39 PM

Posted By: Cherokee Mingan

Re: Let's debate best marinate - 05/29/18 01:41 PM

salt
pepper
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Let's debate best marinate - 05/29/18 02:43 PM

Best is always debatable. For grilling Italian dressing cut with vinegar isn't bad.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Let's debate best marinate - 05/29/18 08:13 PM

HEB brand Zesty Italian dressing, a splash of soy sauce and a splash of your favorite hot sauce, S&BP, onion & garlic powder, refrigerate over night (or a couple hours if rushed), grill to medium rare.
Posted By: pertnear

Re: Let's debate best marinate - 05/29/18 10:13 PM

Fiesta fajitas seasoning is a great marinade on all meats. Sprinkle on heavy a few hours before cooking. I also use it to season venison strips I jerky in the dehydrator.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Let's debate best marinate - 05/29/18 10:28 PM

yep, I use Fiesta Fajita seasoning on lots of stuff, even as my go to season salt on cooked stuff.
Posted By: NewGulf

Re: Let's debate best marinate - 05/30/18 01:11 AM

Originally Posted By: BuenoD
I'm new to the cooking scene and would like to know some of y'alls secrets...i won't tell. mainly im looking for venison recipes..
not much of a debater are you
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: Let's debate best marinate - 05/30/18 01:28 AM

Originally Posted By: NewGulf
Originally Posted By: BuenoD
not much of a debater are you

I’m wondering how your new to the “Cooking Scene.” I didn’t even know there was a cooking scene. If I want to eat I cook, or have my woman do it.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Let's debate best marinate - 05/30/18 01:34 AM

I sometimes marinate chicken in picante sauce before smoking or grilling
Posted By: Cherokee Mingan

Re: Let's debate best marinate - 05/30/18 07:25 PM

I found a really good marinade that I used on 2 wild hog shoulders and 1 ham this weekend.

1. Cover meat in coarse salt and leave it in fridge for 24-36 hours.

2. Put 1 bottle of red wine, 1 white onion, 5 cloves garlic, bunch of thyme, 3 carrots, 2 bay leaves, 1 cup of water, 2 tbls of red wine vinegar.... in a big pot and bring to boil, let simmer for about 5 mins and then cool off.

3. Wash off hog meat real good and get all the salt off and then marinate the meat for another 24-36 hours and turn every 6 hours or so, reserve some marinade.

4. Smoke meat for 4 hours and then cover and bake at 250° for another 4 hours with left over marinade.

5. Slap between corn tortillas with some cole slaw and enjoy.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum