Texas Hunting Forum

Fajita Marinade

Posted By: shea.mcphail

Fajita Marinade - 05/12/18 04:04 PM

Alright I’ve been looking online for an answer and need some help. I’m tired of spending $8-10 a pound on beef fajitas from La Michocana even though they are freakin delicious. I bought the red seasoning they use on their fajitas but I can’t figure out what the liquid is. I think maybe pineapple juice to help tenderize mixed with the red seasoning? Help!
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Fajita Marinade - 05/12/18 04:14 PM

I don't marinade mine. I use leftover steak. I add onions, cilantro, and salsa to mine while they are still in the pan.

Posted By: SouthWestIron

Re: Fajita Marinade - 05/14/18 10:01 PM

Limes and a cheap beer if done long enough will get some awesome results!
Posted By: NewGulf

Re: Fajita Marinade - 05/14/18 10:18 PM

Goya Mojo Criollo Marinade

https://www.amazon.com/Goya-Criollo-Marinade-24-50-Ounce-Bottle/dp/B00032CV8O
Posted By: NewGulf

Re: Fajita Marinade - 05/14/18 10:31 PM

^^^ this stuff is really good for fajitas,pork,beef,chicken it doesnt matter been using it for almost 30 years
Posted By: TexasKC

Re: Fajita Marinade - 05/15/18 12:08 AM

I marinate in Italian salad dressing overnight and then sprinkle on Adams fajita seasoning when they hit the grill. Nothing fancy but we like it.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Fajita Marinade - 05/15/18 01:04 AM

Originally Posted By: shea.mcphail
Alright I’ve been looking online for an answer and need some help. I’m tired of spending $8-10 a pound on beef fajitas from La Michocana even though they are freakin delicious. I bought the red seasoning they use on their fajitas but I can’t figure out what the liquid is. I think maybe pineapple juice to help tenderize mixed with the red seasoning? Help!

Man, there are a lot of different marinades out there. Some of them are pretty good but nothing wrong with keeping it simple. Get yourself some tenderized skirt steak, dust with Bolners Fiesta brand fajita seasoning/a little cumin & black pepper/fresh lime juice/Shiner Bock or Black beer. Marinate in fridge 12-48 hrs depending. Grill over mesquite coals and serve on fresh toasted tortillas.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Fajita Marinade - 05/15/18 01:10 AM

Originally Posted By: skinnerback
Originally Posted By: shea.mcphail

Man, there are a lot of different marinades out there. Some of them are pretty good but nothing wrong with keeping it simple. Get yourself some tenderized skirt steak, dust with Bolners Fiesta brand fajita seasoning/a little cumin & black pepper/fresh lime juice/Shiner Bock or Black beer. Marinate in fridge 12-48 hrs depending. Grill over mesquite coals and serve on fresh toasted tortillas.
food
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Fajita Marinade - 05/15/18 02:48 AM

This is my favorite. Jardines Fajita Marinade. HEB and Tom Thumb stopped carrying this one product of theirs for some reason. Amazon has a 6 pack free shipping for $15 though. It's the best I have ever used.

http://jardinefoods.com/store/DLJ-Fajita-Marinade-p11065012

The dry rubs of okay in a pinch but don't soak into the meat. Plus you have to add salt to the Fiesta brand.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Fajita Marinade - 05/15/18 03:39 AM

I have never heard any complaints using Fiesta brand seasonings. It's convenient and reasonably priced.
Posted By: SouthWestIron

Re: Fajita Marinade - 05/16/18 09:00 PM

Almost forgot, there is a brand called "Claudes" they make a brisquet marinade that is righteous. Don't see why the Fajita wouldn't be excellent as well.
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Fajita Marinade - 05/16/18 09:48 PM

I want to know what Lupe Tortilla marinates their beef in.
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Fajita Marinade - 05/16/18 10:53 PM

Originally Posted By: dogcatcher
I have never heard any complaints using Fiesta brand seasonings. It's convenient and reasonably priced.
Yep this is what I use!
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: Fajita Marinade - 05/16/18 11:24 PM

I season mine up like a steak and put some French’s Worcestershire on it and leave it Zip locked in the fridge I’ve night.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Fajita Marinade - 05/17/18 01:09 AM

Originally Posted By: bobcat1
Yep this is what I use!

I cut some wild turkey breast up for lunch, sauted in olive oil, Fiesta fajita rub and salt. Delicious. Still prefer liquid on my steak. This is really good on poultry with some salt.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Fajita Marinade - 05/17/18 03:03 AM

Originally Posted By: bobcat1
Yep this is what I use!

Agree
Posted By: greenen

Re: Fajita Marinade - 05/18/18 02:38 PM

I use flank steak and I prescore across the grain on both sides about 1/4 inch deep and put olive oil, garlic powder, black pepper, a little brown sugar and a little soy sauce in a ziplock. Marinate overnight and put coarse salt on both sides and grill over high heat until charred on both sides but medium rare in the middle. Cover in foil and rest and then slice.
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Fajita Marinade - 05/22/18 06:09 PM

I forgot that I had this recipe here, I've made it before and it's pretty good. It has a little citrus flavor to it, but all the acid in the marinade really breaks down the meat well.

Posted By: RaiderFan

Re: Fajita Marinade - 05/22/18 06:09 PM

Marinade: Soy sauce, peanut oil, lime juice, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, cumin, and a little molasses. Marinade over night. Dust with fiesta fajita seasoning. Grill on super high heat to medium rare. Let rest and cut against the grain. Serve with fresh grilled tortillas, homemade guac, homemade pico, and grilled onions and jalps. If you want to kick it up add garlic butter drizzle.
Posted By: MeanGreen85

Re: Fajita Marinade - 05/23/18 03:49 PM

Y’all are overthinking this. Lightly coat your skirt steak with chipotle Tabasco, then dust in your favorite fajita seasoning. Let it sit overnight in th fridge then cook it hot & fast.
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: Fajita Marinade - 05/26/18 12:25 AM

Lime juice, pineapple juice, jalapeno tequila, and Alegro hot and spicy.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum