Texas Hunting Forum

Sunday afternoon

Posted By: chalet

Sunday afternoon - 05/06/18 07:22 PM

Couple weeks ago 'Do you think Granny will come up and fry chicken for my birthday?'

Bet she will I said...

Posted By: Cast

Re: Sunday afternoon - 05/06/18 07:26 PM

Re: Sunday afternoon - 05/06/18 07:58 PM

Pound of butter for 7.5# of potatoes? I think thats about right. Cup or so of cream, black pepper, salt, garlic powder and sime fresh rosemary. Have gotten to where I like mash potatoes leanin toward the soupy side.

Re: Sunday afternoon - 05/06/18 08:06 PM

I think there should be a law against wasting livers and gizzards on fish bait.

Drippins a little bacon grease to get the gravy goin.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Sunday afternoon - 05/06/18 08:18 PM

Would.

Re: Sunday afternoon - 05/06/18 09:46 PM

Presentation is lacking but the vittles are spot on.
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: Sunday afternoon - 05/06/18 09:52 PM

Tasty! G'Ma did it right using an electric skillet!
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Sunday afternoon - 05/06/18 10:20 PM

Originally Posted By: chalet
I think there should be a law against wasting livers and gizzards on fish bait.

Drippins a little bacon grease to get the gravy goin.
food
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Sunday afternoon - 05/06/18 10:55 PM

Originally Posted By: bill oxner
Would.

Can't beat Grannies fried chicken food
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Sunday afternoon - 05/06/18 11:09 PM

Originally Posted By: 2Beez
Originally Posted By: bill oxner
Would.

Can't beat Grannies fried chicken food
flehan

Re: Sunday afternoon - 05/07/18 12:52 AM

Oh man, think I am about to slip into a gravy coma. Leftovers after 15 head or so ate. Sent some ome with people, still have enough for a couple meals this week.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Sunday afternoon - 05/07/18 12:55 AM

I really miss my grandma and mama.....enjoy as often as you can...... up
Posted By: NewGulf

Re: Sunday afternoon - 05/07/18 01:16 AM

That all looks sooo good
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Sunday afternoon - 05/07/18 05:02 AM

Originally Posted By: SnakeWrangler
I really miss my grandma and mama.....enjoy as often as you can...... up

X2, looks great!
Posted By: SouthWestIron

Re: Sunday afternoon - 05/07/18 04:05 PM

Oh yes CRISCO! up
Posted By: PMK

Re: Sunday afternoon - 05/07/18 08:07 PM

up

Re: Sunday afternoon - 05/07/18 10:58 PM

Originally Posted By: SouthWestIron
Oh yes CRISCO! up

Funny. I don't buy it usually unless I am making pies. Mom calls and says " do you have peanut oil" I said no, I got you some Crisco. She said "peanut oil works better"

Other Mom quotes that day

" you should have called me, I could have brought you some older eggs to make deviled eggs out of - they peel better, where'd you get these" Kroger Mom, got them at Kroger....
"five pounds of potatoes probably isn't enough" Man I had potatoes to spare and then some
"I told him him not to peel the squash(talking about me making the squash casserole". I about half peeled them, they were a little big, tougher and had some spots that needed cuttin.
"Don't think you have enough chicken tenders" I had chicken to spare, and then some...
"Don't think your skillet is getting hot enough(talking about the round electric skillet that I have, belonged to my Grandma). She dumps the oil between ever batch into a saucepan, lets the drippins settle, then pours the clean oil back in the cooking skillet...didn't give it time to heat back up.
"Don't think you got enough green beans" - see don't think you have enough potatoes..
"you got bacon grease?" - yes Mom, I do.

I did what the old man would of done if he was there, had a few beers and kept my mouth shut. He didn't spend much time in the kitchen if she was cooking, would just holler at her from the living room. God Bless her....
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Sunday afternoon - 05/07/18 11:29 PM

Cooking oil was on my grocery list today. I decided to buy some peanut oil. HEB didn't have it in my size.
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: Sunday afternoon - 05/08/18 05:37 AM

Yes. Enjoy this as long as you can. It’s rare nowadays for my Mom, who can throw down with the likes of Justin Wilson, Jeff Smith, and I’d put her in the ring with Palua Dean-to actually cool like she did for us kids and my a dad growing up since we all moved out and Dad passed away. I even have a hard time trying to work with her on holidays as it seems the fire is just gone. It bums me out but when I see this stuff, it sure makes my heart happy for ya.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum