Texas Hunting Forum

Boiled Eggs

Posted By: NewGulf

Boiled Eggs - 04/18/18 01:05 PM

boiling me 3 of them right now. ive always put salt in them because my great-grandmother told me years ago it makes them easier to peel. yall have any tricks to making them peel easy?
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Boiled Eggs - 04/18/18 01:08 PM

I just know the fresher the egg the better it will peel.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Boiled Eggs - 04/18/18 01:17 PM

I’ve heard of putting a little oil, vinegar, and salt to make them easy to peel. Thing that works best for me is not letting them sit long before peeling seems like the more they dry the harder they peel.
Posted By: NewGulf

Re: Boiled Eggs - 04/18/18 01:41 PM

yeah i peel them while theyre still hot too. I love these things with Tony Chacheres on them food
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Boiled Eggs - 04/18/18 02:11 PM

I hit them with ice after boiling. And it has been my experience that the less fresh they are, the easier they are to peel.
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: Boiled Eggs - 04/18/18 02:19 PM

I was thinking about trying Egglettes but the reviews are bad. Dang.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Boiled Eggs - 04/18/18 02:46 PM

30 minutes, 350, put them in a muffin tin, one per hole. If your oven runs hot it might take less time. Out of the oven straight into an ice-water bath for 30 minutes and they peel pretty easily. I do a dozen at a time.
Posted By: Nitro27

Re: Boiled Eggs - 04/18/18 04:29 PM

It is also my experience that fresh eggs are harder to peel.

Re: Boiled Eggs - 04/18/18 05:39 PM

I just finished eating a mess of hard boiled eggs from my kids easter baskets. first few days the peeled pretty easy. About a week/week and a half in I would rather eat the shell than try to get it off. Maybe it makes a difference that they were dyed.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Boiled Eggs - 04/18/18 05:45 PM

easy ... ggggrrrr ... give me a minute

Re: Boiled Eggs - 04/18/18 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by PMK

That's pretty cool. I always felt them being wet made them peel easier.
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Boiled Eggs - 04/18/18 11:11 PM

Nice video up
Posted By: Slow Drifter

Re: Boiled Eggs - 04/23/18 09:43 PM

That jar trick works good for peeling garlic, too, without the water though. Toss the whole head in there and shake it until most of the cloves are loose. Dump it out and discard the big pieces of husk. Put the loose cloves back in and shake it some more and it will pretty much skin the cloves.

edited to add: I use a quart-size "square" pasta sauce jar for garlic and it works great.
Posted By: Eagle 1

Re: Boiled Eggs - 04/23/18 09:52 PM

Add a tablespoon of baking soda to the water...helps them peel much easier
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: Boiled Eggs - 04/23/18 10:48 PM

Yep, that jar with water is sure easy. Something learned for this old fart.
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: Boiled Eggs - 04/24/18 11:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Slow Drifter
That jar trick works good for peeling garlic, too, without the water though. Toss the whole head in there and shake it until most of the cloves are loose. Dump it out and discard the big pieces of husk. Put the loose cloves back in and shake it some more and it will pretty much skin the cloves.

edited to add: I use a quart-size "square" pasta sauce jar for garlic and it works great.

I’ll have to try that. I always just tap it with my fist and peel the outside.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Boiled Eggs - 04/24/18 11:52 PM

dunk in ice water for a few minutes, always works for me.
Posted By: greenen

Re: Boiled Eggs - 04/28/18 09:24 PM

Originally Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN
I hit them with ice after boiling. And it has been my experience that the less fresh they are, the easier they are to peel.

Same here.
Posted By: fredeboy

Re: Boiled Eggs - 04/30/18 02:34 PM

I have learned that steaming for 12 minutes instead of boiling then into ice water bath and they peel very easy! Got to try the jar trick
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum