Texas Hunting Forum

Eating leftovers

Posted By: 603Country

Eating leftovers - 03/20/18 03:38 PM

The cooking for two thread got me to thinking. I love leftovers, with meatloaf and pizza being high on the list. But some folks, relatives included, won’t eat leftovers at all. I just do not understand why anyone won’t eat leftovers if they liked the food the first time.

Your thoughts and preferences?
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Eating leftovers - 03/20/18 03:40 PM

I don't mind leftovers one bit, but yeah I don't get it why others refuse to touch leftovers.
Posted By: spankyttx

Re: Eating leftovers - 03/20/18 03:41 PM

chili is always better the next day
Posted By: DPirates80

Re: Eating leftovers - 03/20/18 03:43 PM

Sometimes especially in chilis and soups, left over are better tasting than the original creation
Posted By: My stand is pink camo

Re: Eating leftovers - 03/20/18 03:47 PM

Leftovers are my favorite. Just heat and serve up I drape a wet paper towel over the plate of food and microwave it, keeps it from drying out.
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Eating leftovers - 03/20/18 03:52 PM

They are spoiled.........
Posted By: PMK

Re: Eating leftovers - 03/20/18 03:52 PM

yep, when I am cooking, there is almost always leftovers whether cooking for 1 or 50. Somethings are much better fresh but are still just fine within the next several days. But yes, we have friends that refuse to eat leftovers and leave a lot of stuff at restaurants when we go out to eat.
Posted By: ducknbass

Re: Eating leftovers - 03/20/18 03:54 PM

A few years ago I heard a friend of a friend shrill at the mention of leftovers. Must be born rich is all I can think of.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Eating leftovers - 03/20/18 03:55 PM

Leftovers
ftovers.

Re: Eating leftovers - 03/20/18 03:59 PM

Leftover steak.

[quote=bill oxner]That was an eight ounce tenderloin that I grilled for dinner last night. I never eat the whole thing. I start with cilantro from my garden.

That's a wives tale about putting an avocado seed in guacamole to keep it fresh. I had this Friday night..

I make the total fajita dish in a pan on my stovetop.

My chips are warming in the over.

I'll put it all together.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Eating leftovers - 03/20/18 04:11 PM

A pizza will last us for 2 meals, sometimes I get the last slice for a 3rd meal. Second meal it is heated in a skillet and more cheese, etc. is added as it heats. My wife can take a slice of pizza and make a deep dish pizza out of it.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Eating leftovers - 03/20/18 04:19 PM

I exist on mainly leftovers. If I'm going to cook, it's not going to (usually) be one scrawny meal. I make a crustless quiche in a 10x15 baking pan that makes 10-12 servings and freezes really well. I have several crockpot recipes that make 6-8 servings and if I fire up the grill it's chicken, sausage, pork loin, or something that will be 10-15 meals. Fried venison? 2-3 skillet's worth each time.

Re: Eating leftovers - 03/20/18 05:42 PM

Only thing I cook that does not have leftovers is my grilled cheeseburger.
Posted By: PKnTX

Re: Eating leftovers - 03/20/18 05:47 PM

Originally Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks
I make a crustless quiche

OK, thread just got weird...

Just kidding. We are big fans of leftovers. Our favorite day is
Smorgasbord Dinner. Clean out the fridge, heat everything up and feast!
Posted By: Cast

Re: Eating leftovers - 03/20/18 06:13 PM

I exist on mainly leftovers. If I'm going to cook, it's not going to (usually) be one scrawny meal. I make a crustless quiche in a 10x15 baking pan that makes 10-12 servings and freezes really well. I have several crockpot recipes that make 6-8 servings and if I fire up the grill it's chicken, sausage, pork loin, or something that will be 10-15 meals. Fried venison? 2-3 skillet's worth each time.

My wife wants your quiche recipe.
Posted By: SouthWestIron

Re: Eating leftovers - 03/20/18 06:20 PM

Me and my better half are recent empty nesters. Leftovers and making sure we use up everything is saving us a ton of groceries compared to when our two boys were home.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Eating leftovers - 03/20/18 06:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Cast

My wife wants your quiche recipe.

yep, might as well share with the rest of us that like to cook ...
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum