Texas Hunting Forum

Pasta

Posted By: bill oxner

Pasta - 02/28/18 11:50 PM

Lets enter into a general discussing on pasta. Lets include venison, but first I want to show you what I had for dinner tonight.

This is not my first rodeo. My reply is always, over pasta when we have questions about venison sausage. This was not venison and I didn't start out with my classic marinara. I added a small can of tomato paste to a frozen pint of creole sauce. Here's what I came up with.

I made enough for three meals. Here's one.

I have not had store bought marinara in years, but I plan to buy some for my next batch of spaghetti and links. What's your favorite? What do you add?
Posted By: CitySlickerHunter

Re: Pasta - 02/28/18 11:57 PM

I'd like to try your "gravy" on some spaghetti squash w/ venison and some mushrooms mixed in. food
Posted By: Stub

Re: Pasta - 03/01/18 12:57 AM

Looks good Bill up

Re: Pasta - 03/01/18 01:48 AM

A friend had a jar of Paul Newman marinara on her kitchen counter one time. Ever tried that?
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Pasta - 03/01/18 03:07 PM

My favorite is spaghetti and meat balls.

I use 50/50 venison pork ground meat and pretty much mix up an "Italian" meatloaf then separate it into balls. They bake for 20 minutes and I toss them in the sauce. I would like to make some homemade sauce but never have. I like most all of the jarred sauces I have tried but my favorite is Ragu portabella and onion I think its called. Maybe for my birthday I will make my birthday dinner... homemade pasta, sauce and meat balls... sounds like a good idea.

I recently used some smoked venison sausage in spaghetti instead of just ground meat or meatballs and it was good up
Posted By: Cast

Re: Pasta - 03/01/18 04:14 PM

I've been trying the Sam's Best stuff at Walmart. Chunky veggie is a fave, but they all taste pretty much the same after I fix it up. I'll add what I have on hand. Favorites include celery, onions, garlic, mushrooms and meat.

How'd you prep the sprouts?

Re: Pasta - 03/01/18 04:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Cast
I've been trying the Sam's Best stuff at Walmart. Chunky veggie is a fave, but they all taste pretty much the same after I fix it up. I'll add what I have on hand. Favorites include celery, onions, garlic, mushrooms and meat.

How'd you prep the sprouts?

Green Giant frozen in sauce.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Pasta - 03/01/18 04:33 PM

Cheater
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum