Texas Hunting Forum

Smoking Gear

Posted By: Mickey Moose

Smoking Gear - 09/26/17 02:23 AM

Stepping up my smoking game a little with these two K-type thermocouples, first is a penetration probe and second is an air probe.

Posted By: MacDaddy21

Re: Smoking Gear - 09/26/17 02:30 AM

Whatcha gonna plug them into?

Re: Smoking Gear - 09/26/17 02:38 AM

At this time I will use these with, of all things, my Amprobe AM-520 multimeter. Long term I doubt I'll use them since I want a BBQ controller to do some fun stuff with and because the multimeter only has one input so I'd have to swap connections back and forth to get readings from these two probes. For the time being this is for fun and experimentation.
Posted By: MacDaddy21

Re: Smoking Gear - 09/26/17 02:46 AM

Gotcha. Should be fun to mess with. I built a custom PID controller with CPU fans for my smoker. I want to get one of the Thermoworks ThermaQ WiFi meat temp probes eventually.

http://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/6848438/DIY_BBQ_Pit_Controller_with_Fa
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Smoking Gear - 09/26/17 02:48 AM

Thermoworks is legit. Looks Good MickeyM cheers Let us know how it works out as that is a great idea honestly.

Re: Smoking Gear - 09/26/17 02:53 AM

Very nice! I wouldn't mind a project like that. I'd have to add it to the bottom of the list though. So, I've been researching off-the-shelf products such as the ThermaQ and others such as CyberQ and Fireboard... at this point I like CyberQ the best. I have communicated with both trying to give [technical] design input.

I bought the thermocouples from Thermoworks. None of these products accept K-type thermocouples.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum