Texas Hunting Forum

Crock Pot Pork

Posted By: DannyB

Crock Pot Pork - 01/27/15 03:47 AM

Some of you post such elaborate great looking dishes I'm ashamed to post something this easy. If it wasn't soooo good I wouldn't. We did this the past two Sundays in a row.

The first one was labeled Pork Loin Roast. The next one was labeled Pork Sirloin Roast. They looked about the same to me. Each was around 5 pounds.

All we did was put a pretty good amount of salt, pepper, and a package of Italian Seasoning on the meat. We rubbed it in well and then seared each side until semi brown on a gas grill, about 5-10 minutes I think. Then put it in a crock pot, fat side up, on high with about an inch of water in the bottom. About 4-5 hours later it just fell to pieces in the crock pot.
Posted By: trapperben

Re: Crock Pot Pork - 01/27/15 04:21 AM

Crock Pots are great. I have never cooked pork in one though. Think I will try one soon.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Crock Pot Pork - 01/27/15 12:54 PM

I do a lot of pork in a crock pot. Next time try using chicken broth instead of water and rub/season to taste/ with fajita seasoning and a little cumin & paprika after you shred with a little juice. Toast up some corn tortillas & add a little white cheese. food
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum