Texas Hunting Forum

tacos de chorizo y papas

Posted By: bigbob_ftw

tacos de chorizo y papas - 01/10/15 04:31 PM

Got a lb of Johnsonville chorizo and thought I'd make tacos. Anyone have a good recipe?

Re: tacos de chorizo y papas - 01/12/15 12:10 AM

Delicious!

Posted By: wacorusty

Re: tacos de chorizo y papas - 01/12/15 01:08 AM

Gimme dos, hold the green stuff

Re: tacos de chorizo y papas - 01/12/15 01:19 AM

Not a fan of cilantro?
Posted By: wacorusty

Re: tacos de chorizo y papas - 01/12/15 02:12 AM

I'm not a big fan, I'll take a small portion for chili or some taco soup, but I just don't want it to overdo everything else.
Posted By: MeanGreen85

Re: tacos de chorizo y papas - 01/12/15 02:47 AM

Originally Posted By: wacorusty
I'm not a big fan, I'll take a small portion for chili or some taco soup, but I just don't want it to overdo everything else.

same here - those do look good though!
Posted By: PMK

Re: tacos de chorizo y papas - 01/12/15 03:50 PM

as a kid growing up, there was a old mexican lady close to my dad's shop that used to slap a glob of chorizo in a large cast iron skillet and chop up a potato, jalapeno & onion and cook it covered all together in the grease coming off the chorizo ... yummmmmmmm!!!
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: tacos de chorizo y papas - 01/12/15 04:29 PM

I love chorizo con papas on toasty corn tortillas, little onion & jalapeno cooked with it makes it really awesome. As far as a recipe, my hands down favorite is to use the "La India" chorizo seasoning. Just follow the directions on the container. Good stuff. up
Posted By: redchevy

Re: tacos de chorizo y papas - 01/12/15 05:29 PM

Cook chorizo in pan then add in wisked eggs and make chorizo and egg tacos. Good stuff. Made some chorizo last year out of venison, it came out good and I wasn't to worried about my heart stopping roflmao
Posted By: landsurveyor

Re: tacos de chorizo y papas - 01/12/15 05:40 PM

food

Re: tacos de chorizo y papas - 01/12/15 05:40 PM

Originally Posted By: redchevy
Cook chorizo in pan then add in wisked eggs and make chorizo and egg tacos. Good stuff. Made some chorizo last year out of venison, it came out good and I wasn't to worried about my heart stopping roflmao

yeah, didn't get much grease from the Johnsonville brand. some of the mexican ones are rediculous.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: tacos de chorizo y papas - 01/12/15 06:33 PM

Originally Posted By: bigbob_ftw
Originally Posted By: redchevy

yeah, didn't get much grease from the Johnsonville brand. some of the mexican ones are rediculous.

Very much so, I used to buy the HEB brand came in plastic wraped rolls about 6-8 inches long and big around as a baseball or so was good stuff, but they quit making it. I desiced to try one of the hill country fair brands and that stuff is 1/2 lard!... but still tasty
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum