Texas Hunting Forum

Wild boar ribs

Posted By: Sand_Fly

Wild boar ribs - 09/16/14 06:25 PM

I shot a 80lb pig over the weekend and haven't been able to find any good recipes for pork ribs. seeing as they are a lot leaner than what you buy at the store does anyone have any good tips on how to cook these.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Wild boat ribs - 09/16/14 06:50 PM

I hope you didn't cut the flank off the ribs. If not cook them just like any other rack of ribs. They likely wont come out quite as good as domestic but are still good. I start mine unwrapped and wrap them in foil after a few hours to keep from drying out.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Wild boat ribs - 09/16/14 09:36 PM

^^^^ this ... I smoke low temp for a couple hours with heavy fruit wood smoke, usually using a mop sauce or spray with apple juice/vinegar mix while smoking to keep moist, then wrap in foil to actually cook them (kinda steams them tender in the foil).
Posted By: conifer

Re: Wild boat ribs - 09/16/14 11:35 PM

Originally Posted By: redchevy
I hope you didn't cut the flank off the ribs.

If you did, there will be too little meat remaining.
Posted By: Sand_Fly

Re: Wild boar ribs - 09/16/14 11:56 PM

The flank is still on the ribs. It was a very healthy sow so there is a pretty good amount of meat on them. This should help out. Thanks
Posted By: bp3

Re: Wild boar ribs - 09/17/14 03:03 AM

Yote bait
Posted By: vanguard

Re: Wild boar ribs - 09/17/14 11:53 AM

season them up hit on the grill till they get a nice color wrap them in foil with some beer and put them back on the grill to the side let them hang out their for at least 2 hours, they will fall apart. get some hoagie buns and pull the meat off and put them on the bun with bbq sauce.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Wild boar ribs - 09/17/14 08:55 PM

I guess I am weird, but if they are cooked right, no sauce needed drink7
Posted By: CitySlickerHunter

Re: Wild boar ribs - 09/17/14 09:18 PM

Originally Posted By: PMK
I guess I am weird, but if they are cooked right, no sauce needed drink7
You may be weird..........but I 100% AGREE!!!!! food
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Wild boar ribs - 09/17/14 09:27 PM

Smoke the whole pig wrapped in foil... that's the only time I spend the effort of ribs
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum