Texas Hunting Forum

Filet Mignon over Garlic Truffle Mashed Potatoes and Bacon Wrapped Green Beans

Posted By: TxReflex

Filet Mignon over Garlic Truffle Mashed Potatoes and Bacon Wrapped Green Beans - 03/05/13 07:18 PM

We just moved to a new place in Fort Worth last weekend and I decided to cook last night with our gas stove. It makes a big difference to me with heat control and everything turned out right on time. I even made a cabernet reduction which turned out well. Let me know what you think!

First is a NY Strip and the second is a Black Angus Filet Mignon. FYI I did let these rest for at least 15 mins so that's not blood you see, it's the cabernet/butter reduction.

Posted By: jshouse

Re: Filet Mignon over Garlic Truffle Mashed Potatoes and Bacon Wrapped Green Beans - 03/05/13 07:26 PM

f'n A
Posted By: Gravytrain

Re: Filet Mignon over Garlic Truffle Mashed Potatoes and Bacon Wrapped Green Beans - 03/05/13 07:27 PM

looks good!

Re: Filet Mignon over Garlic Truffle Mashed Potatoes and Bacon Wrapped Green Beans - 03/05/13 09:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Gravytrain
looks good!

Thank ya!
Posted By: rtrull37

Re: Filet Mignon over Garlic Truffle Mashed Potatoes and Bacon Wrapped Green Beans - 03/05/13 10:47 PM

very nice....nice presentation
Posted By: PMK

Re: Filet Mignon over Garlic Truffle Mashed Potatoes and Bacon Wrapped Green Beans - 03/05/13 11:22 PM

looks good! interesting way to do green beans!!!
Posted By: DaleGribble

Re: Filet Mignon over Garlic Truffle Mashed Potatoes and Bacon Wrapped Green Beans - 03/06/13 04:22 AM

looks tasty
Posted By: jcarlson91

Re: Filet Mignon over Garlic Truffle Mashed Potatoes and Bacon Wrapped Green Beans - 03/06/13 04:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Gravytrain
looks good!
Posted By: hallfns

Re: Filet Mignon over Garlic Truffle Mashed Potatoes and Bacon Wrapped Green Beans - 03/06/13 05:23 PM

OMG yummy Iv never thaught about wrapping Green Benz!
Posted By: Ron H

Re: Filet Mignon over Garlic Truffle Mashed Potatoes and Bacon Wrapped Green Beans - 03/06/13 07:31 PM

Are you sure you are on the correct forum? Isn't this the meat and potatoes forum? Looks good!

Re: Filet Mignon over Garlic Truffle Mashed Potatoes and Bacon Wrapped Green Beans - 03/06/13 07:57 PM

Originally Posted By: hallfns
OMG yummy Iv never thaught about wrapping Green Benz!

Wrapping a Benz in green sounds like something a rapper might do.... hammer

Re: Filet Mignon over Garlic Truffle Mashed Potatoes and Bacon Wrapped Green Beans - 03/06/13 07:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Ron H
Are you sure you are on the correct forum? Isn't this the meat and potatoes forum? Looks good!

Technically, I did make meat and potatoes...haha! thanks for the kind words.
Posted By: Guy

Re: Filet Mignon over Garlic Truffle Mashed Potatoes and Bacon Wrapped Green Beans - 03/07/13 04:06 AM

Originally Posted By: TxReflex
FYI I did let these rest for at least 15 mins so that's not blood you see, it's the cabernet/butter reduction.

Nothing wrong with a little blood. grin
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Filet Mignon over Garlic Truffle Mashed Potatoes and Bacon Wrapped Green Beans - 03/07/13 08:12 PM

Do you take reservations?
Posted By: hallfns

Re: Filet Mignon over Garlic Truffle Mashed Potatoes and Bacon Wrapped Green Beans - 03/07/13 09:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Guy
Originally Posted By: TxReflex
FYI I did let these rest for at least 15 mins so that's not blood you see, it's the cabernet/butter reduction.

Nothing wrong with a little blood. grin

We did the Benz last night and they were as good as they look!
Posted By: cm250

Re: Filet Mignon over Garlic Truffle Mashed Potatoes and Bacon Wrapped Green Beans - 03/08/13 12:19 AM

Cant see the pics on this darn Kindle, still just get a blue box with a ? Mark in it. Sure wish someone could help me figure out what computor program has been updated or changed so I could update this Kindle so I could update and see all Pics and vidios again......up till about two weeks ago, could view everything just fine.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Filet Mignon over Garlic Truffle Mashed Potatoes and Bacon Wrapped Green Beans - 03/08/13 03:25 AM

Originally Posted By: PMK
looks good! interesting way to do green beans!!!

that is my favorite way to do green beans.

Food looks great and gas is the only way to go IMO
Posted By: tribby01

Re: Filet Mignon over Garlic Truffle Mashed Potatoes and Bacon Wrapped Green Beans - 03/08/13 10:19 PM

Hope its medium rare. Anything else is a WASTE

Re: Filet Mignon over Garlic Truffle Mashed Potatoes and Bacon Wrapped Green Beans - 03/09/13 01:06 AM

Originally Posted By: tribby01
Hope its medium rare. Anything else is a WASTE

But of course!
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Filet Mignon over Garlic Truffle Mashed Potatoes and Bacon Wrapped Green Beans - 03/11/13 11:58 AM

You already move that pretty little gal in? They say the fastest way to a mans heart is through his stomach. True?
Posted By: sirjohnscott

Re: Filet Mignon over Garlic Truffle Mashed Potatoes and Bacon Wrapped Green Beans - 03/17/13 09:34 PM

Dayuuum! Can you say Gourmet!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum