Texas Hunting Forum

Meat processing place in dallas

Posted By: coolJoeRincon

Meat processing place in dallas - 11/23/11 08:34 PM

I live in grand prairie and Im looking for a place to get deer or wild hog process close by thanks in advance

Posted By: Armalite260

Re: Meat processing place in dallas - 11/23/11 09:44 PM

Kuby's is awesome my friend!! Check them out!

http://www.kubys.com/wildgame.asp

Posted By: caddokiller

Re: Meat processing place in dallas - 11/24/11 12:29 AM

Ill 2nd kubys

Posted By: thechopblock

Re: Meat processing place in dallas - 11/25/11 12:47 AM

Come see us in Whitewright. We're 30 minutes north of McKinney.

Posted By: BUnityBears

Re: Meat processing place in dallas - 11/28/11 05:28 PM

Syracuse Custom Meats in Roanoke is legit.

Posted By: dfk

Re: Meat processing place in dallas - 11/29/11 01:10 AM

There's a place in Joshua that I've used before. Lot's of good words in the past. If you are interested, I'll dig up the info.

Posted By: Mambajeep

Re: Meat processing place in dallas - 12/05/11 02:51 AM

Originally Posted By: BUnityBears
Syracuse Custom Meats in Roanoke is legit.

X2

Posted By: donswin

Re: Meat processing place in dallas - 12/05/11 04:44 AM

Kuby's has always done a good job though they may take a little longer than some others.

I pass near Syracuse on the way to my present lease. The meat they packaged as "ground deer" had a package that was gristly. I'm making chili tomorrow with another & will try again. When I dropped a couple off a few weeks ago, they were surprised at the gristle so maybe it was just a fluke.

Posted By: donswin

Re: Meat processing place in dallas - 12/06/11 07:25 PM

I'll follow up more specifically to my previous post.

I had a hog & deer processed at Syracuse. I like the flavor of Kuby's breakfast sausage a bit better than Syracuse, but that can differ by animal and its diet.

Syracuse makes a smoked sausage that is really out of this world. We had some made from wild hog & everyone who has tasted it commented that it was the best sausage they ever had & wanted to know where we bought it.

The ground deer from Syracuse left something to be desired. I called it "gristle" in my previous post, but I have a pot of chili on the stove as I write this. Before I marinated the meat, I spent over an hour (2 lbs) picking out deer fat. That stuff is very hard and does not render like pork or beef fat. To me, that indicates a lax trimming job.

Syracuse also made jerky strips. Next time, I'll just get roasts & cut my own. Theirs was too thick for jerky, but I did put it in a zip lock and used a meat pounder to beat it thin. Actually, that worked out quite well but I will not pay extra for the cut on the next deer.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum