Texas Hunting Forum

Pork Loin

Posted By: bohica

Pork Loin - 11/22/11 02:05 PM

I got asked to smoke a 4 pound boneless pork loin for Saturday-any ideas on how long to cook on smoker at @250. Thanks

Posted By: Txtrophyhntr

Re: Pork Loin - 11/22/11 05:49 PM

I cooked one last weekend that was about 7# on the smoker and left it on for right at four hrs at 250. If cooked for much longer it tends to dry out.

Posted By: pafree

Re: Pork Loin - 11/22/11 06:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Txtrophyhntr
If cooked for much longer it tends to dry out.

i have taking a long skinny knife and make a hole through the loin. take a link of sausage and butter it up and slide it in the hole in the loin. the juices/grease from the sausage helps keep it moist.

Posted By: Txtrophyhntr

Re: Pork Loin - 11/22/11 06:16 PM

Originally Posted By: pafree

i have taking a long skinny knife and make a hole through the loin. take a link of sausage and butter it up and slide it in the hole in the loin. the juices/grease from the sausage helps keep it moist.
That sounds awesome! I'll have to try that. I have also used the injection marinades. Those tend to work as well but some dont like the flavors.

Posted By: Old_Town

Re: Pork Loin - 11/22/11 09:16 PM

Originally Posted By: pafree

This old redneck man down the road from me fixes pork loin like that. It is absolutely delicious. Moist, tender and tasty as all get out.

Posted By: Geoff927

Re: Pork Loin - 11/23/11 02:55 PM

Untill the internal temp hits 160, normally around 4 hours, like most folks are saying.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum