Texas Hunting Forum

Grilled Smoky Hot Wings

Posted By: CDN

Grilled Smoky Hot Wings - 10/09/11 05:06 PM

Football season and hot wings are synomous with one another. Heck, hot wings are synomous with alot of things, good eating being at the top of that list! There are literally thousands of ways to fix them, but here is a really simple way that is one of my favorites.

What you'll need:

Chicken wings and drummettes, as many as you think you will need

Old WoodFire Grill KK's10 BBQ Rub

1/2 cup butter

1/2 cup hot sauce (I prefer Franks or Texas Pete)

Lump charcoal

Hickory, pecan or apple chunks

Start the grill with a medium fire around 350 degrees. I usually cook my wings in the Weber Kettle, so for me that means a full chimney of lump charcoal, fully lit, banked on one side of the grill to create a hot and a cool side. Throw a chunk of hickory, pecan or apple on the coals for a little smoke flavor. You can use whatever wood you like, but the three I mentioned give the best results in my opinion. Coat the wings thoroughly with Old WoodFire Grill KK's10 BBQ Rub.

Put the wings on the grill on the cool side of the grate, opposite the coals. Close the lid and position the vent so that it is directly over the wings, so as to draw the smoke over the wings. Let them cook at 350 for about 30 minutes, or until the skin is light and crispy, and the juice runs clear if you stick a fork into one of the drummettes.

Melt the butter into the hot sauce and mix thoroughly. When the wings are done, place them in a large container with a tight lid. Pour the sauce over the wings, place the lid on tight and shake and flip around to completely cover the wings. You can serve them right out of the container, wet with the sauce, or you can close off the vents on the grill to shut down the heat and place them back on for about 5 to 10 minutes to let the sauce cook in. Serve them up with some ranch dressing and carrots and celery. Easy yet very effective for a fall tailgate party!

Posted By: udamdan

Re: Grilled Smoky Hot Wings - 10/09/11 11:36 PM

Holy Hot Wings banana

Posted By: DeerTamales

Re: Grilled Smoky Hot Wings - 10/10/11 12:51 AM

I will be trying this very soon. thanks!

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum