Texas Hunting Forum

De-boned Chicken Stuffed with Smothered Andouille Crawfish and Grits

Posted By: CDN

De-boned Chicken Stuffed with Smothered Andouille Crawfish and Grits - 06/11/11 02:20 PM

The family and I paid a visit to a local Louisiana/Cajun style market the other day called Ragin Cajun Meats located in the Hamilton Mill area of Buford, Georgia. It was an awesome store, with a wide variety of meats, seafood, seasonings and in-house specialties already prepared. We bought one of their specialties, the De-Boned Chicken Stuffed with Smothered Andouille Crawfish and Grits. Y'all, this thing would make you slap yo' mama!

The instructions on the package said to cook it in the oven at 375 for 1.5 hours, but being a grill maniac like I am, I had no plans to put this thing in the oven! So I fired up the Weber Kettle, placed the de-boned chicken in a pan, and went to work.

I placed thermometer on the grate and I was cooking at around 400 degrees. After 45 minutes she was looking good.

About an hour and 15 minutes into it, we brought that thing in, and I am here to tell you, it was one of the finest things I have ever eaten! The smothered crawfish and grits was seasoned up just right, just a little spicy, the chicken was juicy on the inside and the skin was brown and crispy. 'Dem Cajuns know wat dey doin'!

The folks at Ragin Cajun Meats were very friendly and their prices were reasonable. We also bought some gator tail meat, so look for that coming up here on the website real soon. You can visit them at www.ragincajunmeats.com

Posted By: NEVAGA

Re: De-boned Chicken Stuffed with Smothered Andouille Crawfish and Grits - 06/11/11 07:22 PM

food

Posted By: texfork

Re: De-boned Chicken Stuffed with Smothered Andouille Crawfish and Grits - 06/13/11 04:40 PM

That looks and sounds insanely good .

Posted By: bill oxner

Re: De-boned Chicken Stuffed with Smothered Andouille Crawfish and Grits - 06/13/11 04:46 PM

The price is not bad @ $4.00 per serving.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum