Texas Hunting Forum

Fighting Bowie with Mammoth Tusk

Posted By: chopsknives

Fighting Bowie with Mammoth Tusk - 01/30/22 06:13 AM

Alright I was in the middle of posting this Gem and it sold like five minutes after posting her on social media! Then someone else wanted one so I'm cutting out another shortly and thought I'd post her up in case anyone else wants one.

Alright a Very Nice Fighting Bowie I just finished! This is the next generation of my Fighting Bowie and I'm really diggin this one! I used Alabama Damascus And did a neat knuckle guard along with a blade catcher on top! Then for the Guards I did a cool little trick with to reinforce both for heavy impact! My Son Dylan fabricated the Galactic Guards from Stainless Steel and they're real Eye Candy! Then for the Handles I used some Dreamy Mammoth Tusk unearthed in Montana over 135 years ago! The hints of Blue are from contact with Vivianite for several millennia! Blue is the most rare and sought after! I processed the whole Tusk over the past 10 years so I do have more! Stabilized the Tusk for the longhaul and to prevent staining! I Felt the filework down the blade was too busy but did it down the handle top and bottom. For the Skull Cracker I did a hollowgrind to make it more effective but not sharp so you won't cut yourself accidentally! She's perfectly balanced and feels like Butter in Hand! 6" CE and 12" OA Thanx for lookin, Chops

*****************$1,595 for the knife alone and $1,795 with one of Erica's Exotic Skin Sheaths*************** will do a deposit to secure the products and balance on completion

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Fighting Bowie with Mammoth Tusk - 01/30/22 06:45 PM

I just got an invatation to Solengen Germany for the Myth of the Bowie competition! Guess they liked this one!!
Posted By: HuntingTexas

Re: Fighting Bowie with Mammoth Tusk - 01/30/22 06:52 PM

Congratulations. That is quite an honor. That’s an awesome Bowie.
Posted By: mikei

Re: Fighting Bowie with Mammoth Tusk - 01/30/22 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by chopsknives
I just got an invatation to Solengen Germany for the Myth of the Bowie competition! Guess they liked this one!!

Congratulations on your invitation! That is really cool. And your knives are beautiful!!
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Fighting Bowie with Mammoth Tusk - 01/30/22 08:03 PM

Impressive sir
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Fighting Bowie with Mammoth Tusk - 01/30/22 08:29 PM

cheers clap
Posted By: Ranch Dawg

Re: Fighting Bowie with Mammoth Tusk - 01/31/22 05:27 AM

Wow. Just wow. clap

Re: Fighting Bowie with Mammoth Tusk - 02/01/22 04:37 PM

Hey Thanx Ya'll For the Very Kind Words!!
Posted By: angus1956

Re: Fighting Bowie with Mammoth Tusk - 02/01/22 09:59 PM

What an honor enjoy the trip. Your work is top shelf.
Posted By: Superduty

Re: Fighting Bowie with Mammoth Tusk - 02/01/22 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Ranch Dawg
Wow. Just wow. clap

Re: Fighting Bowie with Mammoth Tusk - 02/02/22 01:54 PM

HeyThanx Ya'll!!quote=angus1956]What an honor enjoy the trip. Your work is top shelf.[/quote]Yeah would be fun to go but it's not for me right now! A good friend of my Dad's son hasn't seen his family in over a year! As an international traveler for his job he was quarantined then no flights allowed in!

Re: Fighting Bowie with Mammoth Tusk - 02/03/22 02:30 PM

Up

Re: Fighting Bowie with Mammoth Tusk - 02/07/22 02:32 PM

ttt
Posted By: MO

Re: Fighting Bowie with Mammoth Tusk - 02/17/22 09:51 PM

A work of art.

MO
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum