Texas Hunting Forum

Good eats in Bastrop?

Posted By: spacejunkie

Good eats in Bastrop? - 01/30/23 02:01 PM

Meeting someone this weekend there for dinner and have no clue where to go. Probably for Mexican but open to any suggestion.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Good eats in Bastrop? - 01/30/23 02:18 PM

Check the downtown area. Only place I’ve been is the BBQ place on 71.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Good eats in Bastrop? - 02/01/23 09:38 PM

Southside market has respectable BBQ of all varieties, fresh meat market too. It's a spin off of the original in Elgin.

there used to be a mexican food place on the south side of 71 ... will need to do a search to figure out the name. ... Guadalajara Mexican

Re: Good eats in Bastrop? - 02/01/23 09:42 PM

Yep, I rate Southside BBQ as consistently good.
Posted By: Stick 711

Re: Good eats in Bastrop? - 02/03/23 05:41 AM

I like Roadhouse for burgers
Posted By: BigCohiba

Re: Good eats in Bastrop? - 02/03/23 05:59 AM

Another vote for Roadhouse. The jalapeño cream cheese burger is legit
Posted By: Stick 711

Re: Good eats in Bastrop? - 02/04/23 03:44 AM

chicken

Re: Good eats in Bastrop? - 02/04/23 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by PMK
Southside market has respectable BBQ of all varieties, fresh meat market too. It's a spin off of the original in Elgin.

there used to be a mexican food place on the south side of 71 ... will need to do a search to figure out the name. ... Guadalajara Mexican

Thanks will check it out today.

Re: Good eats in Bastrop? - 02/06/23 06:33 PM

where did you end up going and any reviews?
Posted By: Mike Honcho

Re: Good eats in Bastrop? - 02/07/23 07:07 AM

You can’t beat Maxine’s for a diner and roadhouse has great burgers. The GF and I go to Maxine’s every other weekend for breakfast or dinner (chicken fried steak). That’s what we had Saturday night.

La Cabana off 71 just outside smithville for mex.

Re: Good eats in Bastrop? - 02/07/23 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by PMK

Ended up going to Casa Chapala right next to Buckee's. Food was very good and so was the service. House margarita was kind of bland but the upgrade to a top shelf took care of that. I had the steak fajita's and was very pleased with them as was everyone with their orders.

Re: Good eats in Bastrop? - 02/07/23 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by spacejunkie
Originally Posted by PMK

Ended up going to Casa Chapala right next to Buckee's. Food was very good and so was the service. House margarita was kind of bland but the upgrade to a top shelf took care of that. I had the steak fajita's and was very pleased with them as was everyone with their orders.

That place is always busy when we pass by, but we’ve never stopped there. Thanks for the info!

Re: Good eats in Bastrop? - 02/07/23 04:09 PM

thanks, will have to check it out sometime. We usually stop for dinner on the way back from our daughter's house in Katy, something easy to get too and I am always up for Mexican food.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum