Texas Hunting Forum

Lowake Steak House in Rowena

Posted By: spacejunkie

Lowake Steak House in Rowena - 09/11/22 03:35 PM

Has anyone been there lately? I know they have moved their location and was wondering how the new place is. Planning a trip to Ruidoso next month and am thinking of stopping there on the way.
Posted By: huntwest

Re: Lowake Steak House in Rowena - 09/12/22 03:13 AM

I’ve always put Lowake right up there with Mary’s. Way over rated and meh.
Posted By: Judd

Re: Lowake Steak House in Rowena - 09/12/22 04:22 PM

It's not much different than it was before the move. I'm with huntwest...I wouldn't go out of my way to eat at Lowake's but it's not bad grub for the country it's in. Our lease isn't far from there and we eat there some during deer season when we don't want to cook..it's alright. The onion rings are the best part in my opinion.
Posted By: Old_Town

Re: Lowake Steak House in Rowena - 09/13/22 12:15 AM

Beefmasters in Ballinger is better than Lowake and a lot cheaper. Lowake was always overrated to me
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: Lowake Steak House in Rowena - 09/13/22 03:35 PM

Thanks for the reports. Been about 15 years since I have been there and mainly was want to go a different way to Ruidoso and have a place to eat. Will be looking for a different route now.
Posted By: Stompy

Re: Lowake Steak House in Rowena - 09/15/22 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by huntwest

Completely agree
Posted By: LonestarCobra

Re: Lowake Steak House in Rowena - 09/15/22 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Stompy
Originally Posted by huntwest

Completely agree

As do I. Cue the fanboys bolt
Posted By: Paluxy

Re: Lowake Steak House in Rowena - 09/16/22 01:26 AM

Lowakes was damn good in it's day. Like Coopers BBQ and many others they lived on their reputation way longer than they should have. Last I heard they were back on their game. Beefmaster is great (otherwise known as the Hungry Heifer)
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Lowake Steak House in Rowena - 09/16/22 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by Paluxy
Lowakes was damn good in it's day. Like Coopers BBQ and many others they lived on their reputation way longer than they should have. Last I heard they were back on their game. Beefmaster is great (otherwise known as the Hungry Heifer)

Lowake is still good, it’s just not consistent enough to be excellent. Only about 1/5 trips do I say that was a damn good cut of meat.

Lowake has better ribeyes then Jacoby’s but Jacoby’s has better KC strip
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum