Texas Hunting Forum

Veal Shanks

Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Veal Shanks - 02/27/22 02:21 PM

Or Osso Buco as Mr. Howell would say. There's not a deeper beef flavored, moist and tender cut to me. The huge bone it's cooked off of really packs the flavor. I need to cook this at home, should be easy enough once I find a good time/temp. Never been able to finish this in one sitting, they pile it on. Al Biernat's, Dallas.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Veal Shanks - 02/27/22 02:32 PM

cheers food

Re: Veal Shanks - 02/27/22 02:39 PM

I may hit up my local meat market, get some of these and cook them the same way I do a roast. Why not?
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Veal Shanks - 02/27/22 04:56 PM

Nice
Posted By: topwater13

Re: Veal Shanks - 02/27/22 05:15 PM

Used to make at home pretty often. Sear in a pan with tomato paste...then add the onions, carrots, and celery. Deglaze with a good red wine and add beef stock. Put the whole pot in the oven for 3 hours. I like to serve with polenta.

My favorite. The butcher here in town has had a hard time getting beef or veal shanks since covid. If you find them...grab them.

Re: Veal Shanks - 02/27/22 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by topwater13
Used to make at home pretty often. Sear in a pan with tomato paste...then add the onions, carrots, and celery. Deglaze with a good red wine and add beef stock. Put the whole pot in the oven for 3 hours. I like to serve with polenta.

My favorite. The butcher here in town has had a hard time getting beef or veal shanks since covid. If you find them...grab them.

300°?
Posted By: topwater13

Re: Veal Shanks - 02/28/22 01:41 AM

You can google osso buco recipe….some use white wine…I like to use red.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Veal Shanks - 02/28/22 01:20 PM

Oh yeah food
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Veal Shanks - 03/04/22 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Stub
Oh yeah food

up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum