Texas Hunting Forum

The Hill Country trip

Posted By: 7mag

The Hill Country trip - 02/12/22 05:01 PM

So just so yall know I do take your THF advice pretty seriously. The wife and I took a trip down to Fredericksburg Tx this week. We stayed at a nice AirBnB. So here goes on how it went.

Coopers BBQ in Llano-we stopped on the way. Been a while since we had been. It was good. They have a new pitmaster at 24 yrs of age.
Luckenbach Tx-no big performers on Tuesday but they had the "pickers circle" Local musicians playing country/blues. Cool place just to go and say you been.
Garrison Brothers-pretty cool tour and the people were super nice. We had a couple of mixed drinks and I am hooked on the Hill Country Mule (ginger beer, bourbon and lime juice) Unfortunately my bourbon palate is still not with GB so I skipped on another bottle
Fat AZZ Winery-wife loved it and it was a pretty laid back kinda place. I am not a wine guy but did have a swirl sangaria to make her happy. It was good but a bit sweet for me. The place is really nice and at least do it for your wife.
Enchanted Rock SP-nice drive and great park. We spent the afternoon out there and hiked. Nope didn't do the huge formation rock climb. They would need medics to get me off. Nice SP though.
Albert Ice House-this place was it for me. Loved this place. They had a guy from Australia performing and he was pretty good. When I think of cool places to drink with none of the BS this place is it. We had a couple drinks, listened to music and the bartender was super cool. I will return. Huge dance hall of course like Luckenbachs
The Wine Garage-cool place and sister to Fat Azz winery. Lots of restored cars/trucks. Laid back and the wife liked this place also.
LBJ State and national park-I was kinda leary as museum stuff isn't my cup of tea. This was actually really nice.We did the walking trail and saw the farm, etc. We then crossed over and saw his old Air Force One jet and cruised the ranch. Perdanales is beautiful in this area.
Doss Country Store-awesome place and food, see my review on it.

We did the shops etc. wife purchased candles, shirts and I brought back some more bourbons. Nice trip and as far as Texas destinations this is the place we love. Making plans on coming back and venturing to other bars, towns that we missed. Thanks again THF
Posted By: TexasKC

Re: The Hill Country trip - 02/12/22 06:00 PM

You might want to drive the Willow City Loop next time. It's really pretty in bluebonnet season.
Posted By: Stub

Re: The Hill Country trip - 02/13/22 01:49 PM

Obviously a great trip thanks for sharing cheers

Next time I am out in that area will definitely check some of those places out up
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: The Hill Country trip - 02/13/22 01:57 PM

Sounds like a lot of fun
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: The Hill Country trip - 02/22/22 09:22 PM

We just got back from Fredericksburg, we found an off the beaten path local Tex-Mex place called Hilda's. They gave me enough migas for 3 people and their salsa was pretty damn good.
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: The Hill Country trip - 02/22/22 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Biscuit
Sounds like a lot of fun

yes it does
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum