Texas Hunting Forum

Best Chili Relleno, not in Texas

Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Best Chili Relleno, not in Texas - 08/17/21 01:25 AM

Had a great char on the chili, stuffed with shrimp, scallops and lobster, breaded, fried and covered in a dill sauce. A bowl of black bean soup and some rice. The picture doesn't do it any favors but it was one of the top 10 meals I've ever had. Have eaten here a bunch, but this time it was at the bar due to the rain. I took a course in margaritas from one of the coolest bartenders I've had. I have a few recipes to try out here at home. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Best Chili Relleno, not in Texas - 08/17/21 01:49 AM

That’s a good looking chili relleno. Best I’ve had was the old hotel in Clayton NM back in the day. Yours sure looks better though
Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Re: Best Chili Relleno, not in Texas - 08/17/21 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
That’s a good looking chili relleno. Best I’ve had was the old hotel in Clayton NM back in the day. Yours sure looks better though

It killed me to pass on the margaritas, they're great there. I was the DD, in a rental car, in Mexcio.
Posted By: NewGulf

Re: Best Chili Relleno, not in Texas - 08/17/21 02:03 AM

What California town are you in? I've had nothing but good Mexican food, steaks and the best prime rib of any state I have ever been in
Posted By: topwater13

Re: Best Chili Relleno, not in Texas - 08/17/21 01:06 PM

Different take on a relleno for sure. Rosa Marias in SoCal cannot be beat imo. The plate or the burrito. Cheese relleno with pork and green sauce....dynamite.

https://www.rosamarias.com/menu.html
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum