Texas Hunting Forum

Albert

Posted By: Hudbone

Albert - 07/28/21 10:06 AM

Headed up to Fritztown on Thursday. Turned left at the Blanco River and just had to make a stop at Albert. It would have been Daddy's 99th birthday and my cartoon cowboy buddy wanted to buy us shots of Don Julio. They went down well. They were $13 apiece. That caught us off guard.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Went on to Fritztown. One of the days we went into the basement of one of them there buildings on Main Street where we gots some truly awesome $18 sandwiches. The bathroom was for both sexes and I had never seen a goat feeder like this before.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Albert - 07/28/21 12:41 PM

Been through Albert more times than I can count but have never stopped at the watering hole. Make sure you abide by the speed limit on that stretch of road, the DPS patrols that area. Are they done with the road construction yet?
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Albert - 07/28/21 01:38 PM

Nope, still at it. A lot has been done which makes that drive pretty nice. Amazing to me (and TG) that more people don't realize that is a shortcut to Fritztown.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Albert - 07/28/21 02:35 PM

There’s a lot more traffic on that road than back a few years ago. Mostly tourists just sight seeing. It’ll be a lot busier if they subdivide a couple more large places out that way. A lot of the traffic turns off to go to Luckenbach.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Albert - 07/29/21 12:59 PM

👍👍
Posted By: RGLass

Re: Albert - 08/08/21 02:41 PM

We played a music giving the bar September 30, 2016, and got married in the dance hall on October 1, 2016. Great place!
Posted By: Slick Head

Re: Albert - 08/08/21 10:07 PM

Very found memories of Albert when I was a youngster in the 70's. We hunted about 3 miles down the road. My dad and uncle would drive us over there in the middle of day so they could have a beer and my cousins and I would get a coke and candy and climb the oak trees in the back. GOOD TIMES
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum