Texas Hunting Forum

Matagorda Bay Fishing Guides?

Posted By: hpb_rst

Matagorda Bay Fishing Guides? - 04/08/21 09:49 PM

Good afternoon gents. Im looking to take my wife and son to Matagorda Bay for a fishing trip in mid May. Can y'all recommend any guides to check with? I've never been down that way but it looks like fun. Anything I need to know? Any places that we should stop at on the way from the Dallas area?

Thanks yall!
RT
Posted By: goosebuster

Re: Matagorda Bay Fishing Guides? - 04/09/21 01:37 PM

Look at Sunrise Lodge out of Matagorda. They have several top rate guides that guide for the lodge.
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: Matagorda Bay Fishing Guides? - 04/09/21 02:36 PM

Call Coach Floyd at 979-533-0893. He's good. He knows all the spots around Matagorda. I've used him half a dozen times. He's a retired high school coach who does fishing guides now. Tell him I sent you. Then ask him to tell you about the time he threw a snake at me!! laugh
Posted By: Mike Honcho

Re: Matagorda Bay Fishing Guides? - 04/12/21 06:43 PM

I fish East matty a lot. Starting now it can get congested on weekends especially Sargent. It’s something to keep in mind. I typically fish East matty winter then move to bastrop and Christmas spring and summer. There are several very good guides out of Sargent. The one I recommend and we work at same company is Jason Finley with 457 Guide Service. I’ll say this I know several guides that when having a very difficult time they will call him up and ask him where the fish are. The man is constantly on the water. The other is Joe foster with Foster Guide Service LLC. he would be my second choice. He also spends a lot of time on the water but not quite as much as Finley does.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum