Texas Hunting Forum

Dayne's BBQ

Posted By: fredeboy

Dayne's BBQ - 01/30/21 08:21 PM

Just had lunch and GAWD it's good!! banana

[Linked Image]
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Dayne's BBQ - 01/30/21 08:29 PM

Looks like you had a light lunch. I've been wanting to try Dayne's just haven't made it to Cowtown in a while. Looks good.
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Dayne's BBQ - 01/30/21 09:01 PM

How many people did that feed?
Posted By: Stub

Re: Dayne's BBQ - 01/30/21 09:06 PM

food

Re: Dayne's BBQ - 01/30/21 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by snake oil

Don't know for sure yet. 5 of us had all we could eat and 2 take out boxes came home
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Dayne's BBQ - 01/31/21 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by Stub
food
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Dayne's BBQ - 01/31/21 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by fredeboy

Don't know for sure yet. 5 of us had all we could eat and 2 take out boxes came home

Looks very tasty food
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Dayne's BBQ - 01/31/21 02:13 PM

Looks very tasty food

Sure does
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Dayne's BBQ - 01/31/21 06:04 PM

Good but very expensive.
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Dayne's BBQ - 01/31/21 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw
Good but very expensive.

Seems like they all are now. Railhead rib sandwich plate is a bargain.

Re: Dayne's BBQ - 01/31/21 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by jetdad
Good but very expensive.

Seems like they all are now. Railhead rib sandwich plate is a bargain.

Truth. Railhead has always been my go to.
Posted By: GunsUp18

Re: Dayne's BBQ - 02/01/21 01:07 PM

Yeah it's pretty awesome! Those ribs are incredible. Some good folks running it too.

Here is my video review.

Dayne's Craft BBQ
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Dayne's BBQ - 02/01/21 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by GunsUp18
Yeah it's pretty awesome! Those ribs are incredible. Some good folks running it too.

Here is my video review.

Dayne's Craft BBQ

up
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Dayne's BBQ - 02/02/21 12:43 AM

Looks dang good
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: Dayne's BBQ - 02/02/21 02:23 AM

Good but very expensive.

BBQ used to be poor man’a food, but not anymore. I remember cheap, thick sliced BBQ bologna and chop beef sandwiches on soft white bread when I was a kid. Now it’s not uncommon for the wife and I to spend $50.00 on a BBQ meal.

Re: Dayne's BBQ - 02/02/21 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by bigjoe8565
Good but very expensive.

BBQ used to be poor man’a food, but not anymore. I remember cheap, thick sliced BBQ bologna and chop beef sandwiches on soft white bread when I was a kid. Now it’s not uncommon for the wife and I to spend $50.00 on a BBQ meal.

Boy thats the trurh Big Joe and don't even think about having a beef rib at that price! LOL
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Dayne's BBQ - 02/02/21 03:36 AM

Good but very expensive.

Boy thats the trurh Big Joe and don't even think about having a beef rib at that price! LOL

NO JOKE! In the late 80's early 90's I could walk from the Jr High/High School in Beeville, Tx and buy a huge chopped BBQ sandwich, chips, and drink for under $4-$5. The sandwiches were $2 - $2.50 each and were freakin' big and delicious. I could eat A LOT, but one filled me up.

Now down the road from me, I get a small sandwich that doesn't even fill up one of my little kids for $7-$8 each. It costs me $25-$35 to get full at Mack's BBQ. It's good, but damn....

Posted By: GunsUp18

Re: Dayne's BBQ - 02/02/21 01:14 PM

As bbq became more popular around 2010 brisket and rib prices skyrocketed. Add in the fact Arbys buys up a lot of the supply for their crappy sandwiches we now have to pay $18 a lb for bbq. Same thing happed with chicken wings about 20 years ago.
Posted By: decook

Re: Dayne's BBQ - 02/02/21 03:02 PM

As bbq became more popular around 2010 brisket and rib prices skyrocketed. Add in the fact Arbys buys as up a lot of the supply for their crappy sandwiches we now have to pay $18 a lb for bbq. Same thing happed with chicken wings about 20 years ago.

Truth here. Went to Rudy's the other day. They sell point by the half pound, not by the pound. And that is $9.99/half pound.
Posted By: 1955

Re: Dayne's BBQ - 02/02/21 04:09 PM

Obviously times have change, I don’t mind paying a bit more as long as the food is good! food

Re: Dayne's BBQ - 02/02/21 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by decook
As bbq became more popular around 2010 brisket and rib prices skyrocketed. Add in the fact Arbys buys as up a lot of the supply for their crappy sandwiches we now have to pay $18 a lb for bbq. Same thing happed with chicken wings about 20 years ago.

Truth here. Went to Rudy's the other day. They sell point by the half pound, not by the pound. And that is $9.99/half pound.

Don't look now decook but most of the really good places are now at 12 to 14 a half pound bolt

Re: Dayne's BBQ - 02/02/21 05:56 PM

Heck, BBQ bolo is $13/lb. let that sink in.
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: Dayne's BBQ - 02/03/21 03:37 AM

Beef ribs at Louie Muller’s in Taylor with cost you between $55.00 and 65.00. $28.00 per pound and most are at least 2 plus pounds.

Re: Dayne's BBQ - 02/03/21 10:18 PM

Beef ribs at Louie Muller’s in Taylor with cost you between $55.00 and 65.00. $28.00 per pound and most are at least 2 plus pounds.

Big Joe when I got my rib at Louie place it was 48. I must have got a baby! LOL
[Linked Image]
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum