Texas Hunting Forum

Road trip to Big Bend National Park

Posted By: bigjoe8565

Road trip to Big Bend National Park - 01/12/21 01:00 PM

Let’s say you were taking a road trip from Dallas to Big Bend. Which route would you take and what are any must eat places to eat?
Posted By: ijohnston

Re: Road trip to Big Bend National Park - 01/12/21 03:54 PM

I am not sure what places to recommend to eat but I would suggest taking the scenic route down 67 the entire way. Or at least until you hit Ft Stockton.
Posted By: jeh7mmmag

Re: Road trip to Big Bend National Park - 01/12/21 05:12 PM

BJ,
Don't know if NP and SP are still closed but I would sure give them a call.
Good luck

Big Bend National Park COVID-19 Status & Updates - Big ...
https://www.nps.gov/bibe/planyourvisit/big-bend-covid-19-status-updates.htm
Dec 31, 2020 · Big Bend National Park COVID-19 Status & Updates. Big Bend Temporarily Closed. Current Status: July 21, 2020. Big Bend National Park continues to be CLOSED to all visitors until further notice. The closure is in response to a positive case for COVID-19 in the park residential community. Read the press release for more information.
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Road trip to Big Bend National Park - 01/12/21 07:40 PM

I highly recommend that you stay in Marathon, at the Gage Hotel. The White Buffalo Bar was memorable. Last time we were there, the restaurant was terrific. And a short stay at the Lajitas golf resort was nice.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Road trip to Big Bend National Park - 01/12/21 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by 603Country
I highly recommend that you stay in Marathon, at the Gage Hotel. The White Buffalo Bar was memorable. Last time we were there, the restaurant was terrific. And a short stay at the Lajitas golf resort was nice.

Good info
Posted By: leswad

Re: Road trip to Big Bend National Park - 01/13/21 01:46 AM

Buddy just got back from there and the region is really scared of COVID. Could only order drinks inside bar, and had to consume outside. I would hit the Riata in Alpine and Starlight theater in Terlingua. Don’t know if La Kiva ever open up again?
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Road trip to Big Bend National Park - 01/13/21 04:24 AM

Some interesting info on this link. www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=73316&p=1271380&hilit=alpine#p1271380
Posted By: RLoving1

Re: Road trip to Big Bend National Park - 01/13/21 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by leswad

Buddy just got back from there and the region is really scared of COVID. Could only order drinks inside bar, and had to consume outside. I would hit the Riata in Alpine and Starlight theater in Terlingua. Don’t know if La Kiva ever open up again?

Was down that area few month ago. La Kiva looked shut down and sad shape. Finding entertainment in Terlingua area is sketcky in my opinion. People thinks it's edgy or cool to hang down there but I would have to pass on it. Presidio area is about dead if you get that way, we went through park since it had just opened but the Basin was drive in and out only and side roads were blocked so not much to do other than nice drive. Terlingua is where some people go if they don't want to be found.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum